What's new

What is it ?

RTR

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
8,197
Reaction score
32,494
Golden Thread
0
Location
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
***********
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Panned these (almost pure white things) last year and still can't figure out what they are. They settled out in the pan just like gold,and their not magnetic ??? 004.webp007.webp<<< this pix. w/o a light source
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
only thing i know that is whiter than silver like that is the platinum group of metals. Breaking it in half lets us know its not an oxide on the surface

Yeah thanks.Whatever it is, its the same solid material throughout
 
Upvote 0
only thing i know that is whiter than silver like that is the platinum group of metals. Breaking it in half lets us know its not an oxide on the surface

I've never seen material formed/structured like this before.One would think those 'spikes' would be worn away by the effects of time & running water.???
022.webp023.webp But they appear to be quite strong.008.webp017.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update...Wasted trip, the guy who does metal testing is at their other store the next town over :BangHead:
 
Upvote 0
they have a pXRF? That would definitely tell you what it is...
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Strontianite!

Strontianite-283289.webp _MG_7569.webp
 
Upvote 0
they have a pXRF? That would definitely tell you what it is...

Don't know.I'll call to confirm before I go ???
 
Upvote 0
they have a pXRF? That would definitely tell you what it is...

From what I've read... "for an accurate test, the metal to be tested must be at least the size of a quarter" ???
 
Upvote 0
From what I've read... "for an accurate test, the metal to be tested must be at least the size of a quarter" ???

If you hold it just right and shoot yourself in the face, you can read a 2.5 gram gold Credit Suisse still in the assay packaging. I don't know why the genius that did that did not just take it out of the assay pakage first, but he paid me spot for it and that's all I was asking.
 
Upvote 0
From what I've read... "for an accurate test, the metal to be tested must be at least the size of a quarter" ???

If you hold it just right and shoot yourself in the face, you can read a 2.5 gram gold Credit Suisse still in the assay packaging. I don't know why the genius that did that did not just take it out of the assay pakage first, but he paid me spot for it and that's all I was asking.
 
Upvote 0
From what I've read... "for an accurate test, the metal to be tested must be at least the size of a quarter" ???

any update on this?
 
Upvote 0
You dont have to take it out of the packaging with a pXRF...it is a radioactive source....
The only issue with a pXRF is that you buy a datapack...(to save money)
I would expect that they only have a datapack that shows precious metals, otherwise, why spend the extra money for the rest of the database...

I will give you a percent composition of the target database

24b03f643ebec81f46e8cf869c7e4e9d-300x300.webp

 

Attachments

  • lead.webp
    lead.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 50
  • f2917028ea26f5a38f5e7a9f5fa85add3995a2b6a7530001aab3bb44a051a80.webp
    f2917028ea26f5a38f5e7a9f5fa85add3995a2b6a7530001aab3bb44a051a80.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom