What's new

What is it???

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me what this is? It is about the size of a soft ball I would say and made of painted terra cotta clay I believe
 

Attachments

  • 8568E163-8167-4412-A766-AA1B5B9C4D56.webp
    8568E163-8167-4412-A766-AA1B5B9C4D56.webp
    237.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 0A3433CC-E95F-46B0-9764-A459BDEDBED1.webp
    0A3433CC-E95F-46B0-9764-A459BDEDBED1.webp
    273.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 4EE1B283-BFE8-4978-B8E3-2D7DD99F2762.webp
    4EE1B283-BFE8-4978-B8E3-2D7DD99F2762.webp
    268.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 29251675-E66A-46DF-9A83-AECCD521D588.webp
    29251675-E66A-46DF-9A83-AECCD521D588.webp
    216.6 KB · Views: 57
Is it solid? Is there a lid that comes off? Any markings that might
designate some kind of origin?
 
Upvote 0
Does it open up? If not, I suspect it is a home made bocchi ball game piece. Or tourist piece/trinket for tourists. Perhaps from Mexico?
 
Upvote 0
No areas that open and not totally round........pretty sure all solid
 
Upvote 0
Flat bottom, same markings on all sides?
 
Upvote 0
Not really a flat bottom but enough to sit in position......yes I think same design around
 
Upvote 0
I found it in a old house
 
Upvote 0
A primitive curling stone?

Is it perfectly round, or is there some oval to the shape?

Being made of clay, I have to wonder if it was a school project
where someone made a paper weight for dad.
 
Upvote 0
Somewhat oval shape
 
Upvote 0
Aren't curling stones flat like a hockey puck?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok I will try
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom