What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?

tinner

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
84
Reaction score
116
Golden Thread
0
Location
north west U.S.
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Equinox 800
garrett 400
I found this about 8" deep with my metal detector and wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what it was used for. I'm guessing it's made of brass.
Thanks!!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN9842.webp
    DSCN9842.webp
    392.2 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN9843.webp
    DSCN9843.webp
    567.8 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN9844.webp
    DSCN9844.webp
    644.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN9846.webp
    DSCN9846.webp
    320.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN9847.webp
    DSCN9847.webp
    360.6 KB · Views: 89
It’s a tack looks exactly like the ones I find at my trade site, mine are likely decorative hammered into a gunstock by native Americans but yours could be less exciting like a tack for upholstery… but might be worth looking deeper at that spot
 
Upvote 0
Oh jeeze never mind your deal is at the side.. got excited to be helpful and didn’t look at the full size pic
 
Upvote 1
By my guess , two ears existed to clench it in place after passed through fabric or leather.
 
Upvote 1
By my guess , two ears existed to clench it in place after passed through fabric or]
It looks like there may have been another tang opposite the one shown. Maybe it clipped over the end of something like a bicycle axle?
I didn't notice the other side, you may be right. That would eliminate the measuring spoon idea.
 
Upvote 0
I found this about 8" deep with my metal detector and wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what it was used for. I'm guessing it's made of brass.
Thanks!!
Take into your kitchen and get a tablespoon and fill it and pour into this spoon like item and see if the measurement is the same.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom