What's new

What is the coolest thing you have bought with your CRH stash?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got myself a really big television and a popcorn machine. It's actually an outdoor projector TV w/Surround sound. I show sporting events and movies on the side of my house almost every Friday and saturday night. The screen is 20 feet tall by 40 feet wide. The guy (not his shadow) in the picture is 6 ft 3 in.

The screen is actually bigger than the screens at the local 12 screen mall cinema.

Well worth the work!

Oh yeah the neighbors love me!

Ok I'm done beating my chest.
 

Attachments

  • outdoorTV.webp
    outdoorTV.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 436
Upvote 0
Well I can see justifying that! All I've bought was a freaking pin pointer.....but that's all I've ever sold.....
 
When I get enough I'm gonna buy a Minelab Excal for water hunts. :icon_pirat:
 
1909s vdb and a 1914 d wheat penny bought this last february and I still had 2000 left from selling all my 40%ers.

Semper Fi
 
I'm gonna have to start hitting them harder if that's the kind of thing we can buy! WTG!! :thumbsup:
 
Nothing. I don't plan on selling anything from my CRH stash unless I REALLY need the money. I plan on keeping it and building upon it and passing it onto my kids.

-Codes
 
Boobs.......maybe diamonds too......ha!

On a serious note, I have always told myself when I sell my stash I would purchase something that does not depreciate....because I feel like I have worked to hard to buy something that will only disappear in a few years and have nothing to show for it after a period of time. I will parlay that money only on something that typically will go up in value.

I have thought about land......gold......rare coins.....things along those lines. Not things like a car or anything that will eventually go down in value.

Interesting question PD.
 
LJ said:
Boobs.......maybe diamonds too......ha!

On a serious note, I have always told myself when I sell my stash I would purchase something that does not depreciate....

Well then, there go the boobs! You know over time they go down TOO. ;D (AND down in value to hubby as he gets older)

But your idea of something that goes up is a good one. Like buying a rental house and rent it out. WIth a mortgage you can buy it sooner, and it will then pay each month to cover the mortgage and eventually you'll own a house with no money into it. Just from the rents. All from CRH! SOunds good to me!

And if that is your picture, then you don' tNEED to get those ... other things. :-) YOu're perfect the way you are.
 
Is that your picture? If so then I'd buy diamonds!!

Seriously, I think I'd buy a gold coin.
 
I completely paid for my wife to go back to school and get her degree by CRH. Tuition and books....which are expensive!
 
Rent Bills and Food. If not for CRH, I dont think I would have survived the winter alone.
 
i traded a half bag of 40% for a 1916-d Merc in VG 10 I look at that merc almost every night. I can't believe its not a fine. anacs graded vg10
 
I bought a pack of smokes and some gum, now I have no more silver.
I guess it's back to the Bank.
 
1100 sq ft of carpet and pad installed to finish remodeling my house. Its a great hobby and now its alot easier to convince the wife that I am in fact NOT wasting my time burying my car in coin wrappers.

I also just cleaned out my car and found $20 in halves and dimes for 1/2 a tank of gas.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom