What's new

What is the going rate?

Groovedymond

Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2006
Messages
299
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd ask a quick question... what is the average going rate for your silver coins? I mean, if you turn them in, I've seen where people are getting quite a bit of money per each coin.

I just picked up some recent coins, and I'm aware of their numismatist value... but I'm wondering if their silver value isn't more? I am adding them to my collection, and would simply love to be able to log their current market value, ya know?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!


Here are some pics of the coins I recently picked up.
 

Attachments

  • Walker 1917 - Compressed.webp
    Walker 1917 - Compressed.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Walker 1942 - Compressed.webp
    Walker 1942 - Compressed.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 224
  • Walker 1945 Compressed.webp
    Walker 1945 Compressed.webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Franklin 1949 Compressed.webp
    Franklin 1949 Compressed.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Franklin 1950 Compressed.webp
    Franklin 1950 Compressed.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Franklin 1952 Compressed.webp
    Franklin 1952 Compressed.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Kennedy 1964 Compressed.webp
    Kennedy 1964 Compressed.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Kennedy 1966 Compressed.webp
    Kennedy 1966 Compressed.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Kennedy 1968 Compressed.webp
    Kennedy 1968 Compressed.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 225
  • Kennedy 1969 - 4 - Compressed.webp
    Kennedy 1969 - 4 - Compressed.webp
    27 KB · Views: 277
  • Standing Liberty Unknown Date Compressed.webp
    Standing Liberty Unknown Date Compressed.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Walker 1917 - Compressed.webp
    Walker 1917 - Compressed.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Walker 1942 - Compressed.webp
    Walker 1942 - Compressed.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Walker 1945 Compressed.webp
    Walker 1945 Compressed.webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Franklin 1949 Compressed.webp
    Franklin 1949 Compressed.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Franklin 1950 Compressed.webp
    Franklin 1950 Compressed.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Franklin 1952 Compressed.webp
    Franklin 1952 Compressed.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Kennedy 1964 Compressed.webp
    Kennedy 1964 Compressed.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Kennedy 1966 Compressed.webp
    Kennedy 1966 Compressed.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Kennedy 1968 Compressed.webp
    Kennedy 1968 Compressed.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 228
  • Kennedy 1969 - 4 - Compressed.webp
    Kennedy 1969 - 4 - Compressed.webp
    27 KB · Views: 271
  • Standing Liberty Unknown Date Compressed.webp
    Standing Liberty Unknown Date Compressed.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0
I just bought 20 franklins, 170 mercs, 65 washingtons, for 10 times face. I also bought 20 morgans mixed dates & mints for $16.00 each, they were all xf & better.

I hope that helps!
 
i think he means how much they are worth if selling...someone here just let go of a bunch of 40%ers and 90%ers....scroll down and read through the last couple weeks of posts....this should give you an idea but it won't be the same as the silver prices have changed....but it should be in the same ballpark...also another poster has a formula for figuring out the silver value....i'm sure he'll respond to this as he is a regular here
 
What I'm saying is that for 90% coins, I wouldn't expect more then 10 time face

40% coins I wouldn't expect more then $1.75 each. If he paid more then that, then he'll have to hold on to them, not going to sell them to a coin dealer for anymore I doubt!
 
Here is a site were you can keep up on the melt value of you coins.
It at least gives you an idea of how much your coins are worth when silver prices change.

http://www.coinflation.com/coins/silver_coin_calculator.html

Just put the type and number of coins you have in and it calculates the value based one the
current silver spot value (you can even change that if they did not update it right away)
Then it also shows you recent eBay sales of that coin type.
HH,
Donny
 
Thank you so much! That coinflation page is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you!

And thanks for all of you participating!
 
The coinflation site will tell you what your coins are worth for exactly what the spot price of silver is. I'm not going to start the debate of spot vs. physical but there is a difference. Check out e-bay for probably the most accurate reflection of physical silver value. Like an above poster stated 10x face for 90% is about the going rate maybe a little more if its all walkers or franklins.
 
Ebay junk silver coin prices are an accurate reflection of EBAY prices being paid, which seem to average between 10-12 times face for coin. Depending on where you are located, a dealer may offer between 4-8 times face. Walkers and earlier may bring a premium. (my $.02 from monitoring ebay for the last 6 months)
 
Pack is exactly right on differences between paper silver and spot silver. The 10.65 or so is paper silver but spot prices are much higher because of silver demand. Coinflation bases their prices on paper silver (COMEX).
 
from what i see on feebay the 40% sell for 3 to 4 times face.
 
yea that would be 3.5 times face right? i see alot of guys asking for more but most of them don't have bids..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom