Yes it is a ring but it says sterling silver
would like to know what the blue stone is and
what do you think the age and value is on it ?
It was my friends grandmothers thank you for your help.
Is the white lines permanent or from the light reflection? if its permanent it could be a Star Sapphire. Lapis Lazuli is possible but usually lighter color Blue.
The lines in the stone are all wrong for a star sapphire. Besides, a good one of that size would be some serious money. I would still like to see a photo taken in the sunshine before going with the flow. You must be seeing something I can't to go with sodalite, but ok, not entirely unlikely for a ring like that.
I know what sodalite looks like, I have some, made rings out of it and have sold it, and I actually like it. But the picture of the subject is too dark and too fuzzy. Just like to see a better shot of it. Not saying it ain't sodalite...................but your first two offerings do look a lot like the subject.
A sodalite ring that size at my booth, with a prong setting instead of the "Southwest" style, would be $50-60, but I haven't purchased a silver ring that big lately, so it could be a few bucks more. I would purchase the stone at probably $5, for sure under $10 retail. Lapis is more money.