What's new

What is this? #1

clf_02

Full Member
Joined
May 7, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Natchez, MS
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been walking creeks finding things for over 20 years. In the 20 years I have found a couple mysteries. I just found out about this site. I may finally get some answers. This is item #1. I am almost sure this is something our part of something. Just don't know what. Here are pictures from every angle.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20120508_180625.webp
    ForumRunner_20120508_180625.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 98
  • ForumRunner_20120508_180637.webp
    ForumRunner_20120508_180637.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 94
  • ForumRunner_20120508_180611.webp
    ForumRunner_20120508_180611.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20120508_180709.webp
    ForumRunner_20120508_180709.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 102
  • ForumRunner_20120508_180722.webp
    ForumRunner_20120508_180722.webp
    39 KB · Views: 102
  • ForumRunner_20120508_180733.webp
    ForumRunner_20120508_180733.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 104
  • ForumRunner_20120508_181117.webp
    ForumRunner_20120508_181117.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
I googled plummets. That looks like a really good guess. I had never even heard of a native american plummet before. I believe that is what it is. Thanks.
 
Still open to other suggestions, but believe it's probably solved.
 
That is a natural rock that has had a softer stone erode out leaving the "ring" around it. Very common in creeks.
 
Looks like it could be a geofact. Found many myself. Also could be a plummet with patina that was later rubbed off on all raised areas. Can't tell from photos, though.
 
SOHIO said:
Ever find any arrowheads?

The main creek I walk I have found hundreds of shards of pottery. For some reason it doesn't produce many knapped items. I have found a few. The best find I ever had...I was walking one day and on the sand right out in the open lay a nice spear point. It was perfect shaped. It was dark black. Beautiful point. I put it in my pocket and went to the ball field to watch a game. I reached in my pocket during the game, it was gone. I looked all under the stands but never found it. What luck! But here is all I have found in the creek I usually walk except the one I lost.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20120509_160441.webp
    ForumRunner_20120509_160441.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 84
well keep trying pal
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom