What's new

What is this and is it worth anything

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
4,939
Reaction score
4,609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this at a yard Sale and and its silver and looks very old, but I have no idea what it is or what it might be worth,
can anyone here help me ?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2360(1).webp
    IMG_2360(1).webp
    445 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2361(1).webp
    IMG_2361(1).webp
    505.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2362(1).webp
    IMG_2362(1).webp
    395 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2363(1).webp
    IMG_2363(1).webp
    303.3 KB · Views: 145
No idea but that thing is SICK. Maybe old brooch or something?
 
Upvote 0
800 should mean 80% silver
 
Upvote 0
SICK ? hahaha I don't understand ...
 
Upvote 0
Beautiful piece 1800's I believe. Very nice score and yes it is worth money My twitchy toe thinks it would bring a hundred bucks. Cant make out the other hallmark stamp If it is a famous maker, way more
 
Upvote 0
SICK ? hahaha I don't understand ...

haha it's slang for awesome or really great. I like it, a lot of detail went into making that.
 
Upvote 0
haha it's slang for awesome or really great. I like it, a lot of detail went into making that.

You got the flu buddy? :laughing7: Hope you feel better!:laughing7:

I guess the Bees knees is out?

I'm messing with ya.... I have a friend...Everything is sick, I had to ask him. What are you saying? :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
You got the flu buddy? :laughing7: Hope you feel better!:laughing7:

I guess the Bees knees is out?

I'm messing with ya.... I have a friend...Everything is sick, I had to ask him. What are you saying? :laughing7:

haha I still use the bees knees as well
 
Upvote 0
filippo lippi.webp

Filippo Lippi, Praying Madonna ... mid 1400s painting.

He painted it in Florence, the painting is in a museum in Florence, and much of the older copies of his work were crafted in Florence including silver stamped 800, which was common for Italy and Germany.

Wasn't able to locate a match, but I think yours is one of the best looking, art wise.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...j1......2....1..gws-wiz-img.....0.ALp6ntD98Z0
 
Upvote 0
Great yard sale find! Congrats!
 
Upvote 0
good eye gotta do some research can be fun
 
Upvote 0
Does sick include a sore neck from looking at her sideways? LOL
 
Upvote 0
That would have caught my eye. How much was it? I'm thinking it's a first quarter of the 20th c. Italian souvenir, maybe from a museum or visit to the Vatican? They didn't offer cheap trinkets back then.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
haha it's slang for awesome or really great. I like it, a lot of detail went into making that.

Our language has changed. 'Sick' and 'ridiculous' now means 'awesome', SHUT UP! and 'Get out'! now means 'Really? Tell me more'! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Since she has a halo I'm sticking with Madonna, or possibly a different Saint. It has the feel of a Victorian piece.
 
Upvote 0
Thats a post-war Italian hallmark belonging to a certain BARZAGHI VITTORIO Via Cerano, 12 Milan, active since the 50ies. If is read it right (438 MI, I read)

Its a beautiful piece and I thought it was older!

In any case a steal for 5 bucks....


Greets Namxat
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom