Nuggets4me
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jan 1, 2012
- Messages
- 56
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Hemet/San Jacinto
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Okay, this was found pretty deep, it seemed like we dug about two feet. We got a high toned signal on the detector that registered 25 cents. So, we started digging. We found a small piece of porcelain first. We then began digging and sifting with our hands and this is what we found. I did not take home with me all of the broken porcelain. There was so much! Also not pictured was a porcelain light socket which I think is a part of the base we found. It says 250watts on it. In and around the same area we found a heavy black "rock". We began scratching it and I don't think the pictures do it justice, but it seems to show a gold color. Also, I could be mistaken-but I am pretty sure I can see (with a jewelers loupe) a bit of quartz in there. It weighs 1¼ ounces. I am in the process of cleaning it to reveal the true color. For now, I have pictures of what it looks like when it was found.
? Could it be a gold nugget?
I just wanted to say that it was not green at all....it was black, AND there is definitely copper deposits on it, it has a pink color. Also, the weird little tip on the top shows a silver looking metal. From what I understand-gold naturally has copper and silver impurities in it. I don't know much about this but from what I have learned and experienced for myself, it all makes sense. I'm still not sure whether it was a melted product of fire or if this is what gold looks like in its natural state. Obviously my lack of knowledge prevents me from determining that. If I knew that would aid me in finding more-that's for sure. I have been scouring the internet for more information about the area, I really need to got to the library and see what I can find. SO, what do you think? Fire, or natural?
The one on the left in the picture is how we found it and the more flat piece was put through the ol' "see if it's gold and smash it with your hammer" test. Because, after all gold is the most malleable metal!!!! It passed! LOL







