N newzac Greenie Joined May 25, 2020 Messages 14 Reaction score 30 Golden Thread 0 Location West Michigan Detector(s) used Tesoro Compadre, Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 25, 2020 #1 Appears to be plated tin or steel. The button or leg is definitely lead and is hollow. No apparent words, numbers or symbols
Appears to be plated tin or steel. The button or leg is definitely lead and is hollow. No apparent words, numbers or symbols
ticndig Silver Member Joined Apr 17, 2009 Messages 3,656 Reaction score 8,619 Golden Thread 1 Location Cumberland Va 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used T-2-SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 25, 2020 #2 I'd say maybe part of an ironing trivet Last edited: May 25, 2020 Upvote 0
N newzac Greenie Joined May 25, 2020 Messages 14 Reaction score 30 Golden Thread 0 Location West Michigan Detector(s) used Tesoro Compadre, Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 25, 2020 Thread Owner #3 Interesting! Very possibly! Upvote 0
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other May 25, 2020 #4 I wouldn't think lead would make a good trivet. Last edited: May 25, 2020 Upvote 0
N newzac Greenie Joined May 25, 2020 Messages 14 Reaction score 30 Golden Thread 0 Location West Michigan Detector(s) used Tesoro Compadre, Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 25, 2020 Thread Owner #5 That was my thought too creskol. The tin/steel is pretty thin for that too. Upvote 0
ticndig Silver Member Joined Apr 17, 2009 Messages 3,656 Reaction score 8,619 Golden Thread 1 Location Cumberland Va 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used T-2-SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 25, 2020 #6 the trivet shown is for an iron , not that hot if used on cloth , O P says tin with lead feet which would weigh it down to keep it in place. this is all just a guess , some times I'm right and often I'm wrong... Last edited: May 25, 2020 Upvote 0
the trivet shown is for an iron , not that hot if used on cloth , O P says tin with lead feet which would weigh it down to keep it in place. this is all just a guess , some times I'm right and often I'm wrong...
N newzac Greenie Joined May 25, 2020 Messages 14 Reaction score 30 Golden Thread 0 Location West Michigan Detector(s) used Tesoro Compadre, Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 25, 2020 Thread Owner #7 Taking a quick look at google and eBay, all of the tin trivets are a bit more robust. This might fold under much weight. Though, like you, I am frequently wrong! Upvote 0
Taking a quick look at google and eBay, all of the tin trivets are a bit more robust. This might fold under much weight. Though, like you, I am frequently wrong!