What's new

What Is This???? Have You @@ One

JUNKYARD DOG

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
754
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Found this in a box of junk and tools I bought at a auction awhile back. Looks like some kind of tool to scribe or mark with. (maybe) (maybe not). Any input is very much appreciated. HH JYD.
 

Attachments

  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    84.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 460
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 466
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 459
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 449
just-geese said:
Hoof pick, for cleaning horse's hoofs before shoeing
J-G

I agree that would be a perfect use for this tool... horses hooks are picked all the time if stabled... always before shoeing.
 
Upvote 0
The hand grip seems to be shaped wrong if this tool was used to do any heavy lifting, like a
sack hook or a hay bale hook. I first thought it might be some type of draw-knife for shaping
but there is no sharp edge on the inside of the hook. Hoof hook seems as good a guess as any.
 
Upvote 0
could that be for removing the caulking in the planks of a ship?
 
Upvote 0
I think without an exact example I'd be hard-pressed to label this baby... obviously a tool that could do any number of things!
 
Upvote 0
detector de metales said:
Not sure about the hoof picks. I'm thinking more like a sack hook or a reapers hook.
You can find more info here : if they cant tell ya.. forgetaboutit.. LOL

http://www.antiquefarmtools.info/

J2
Thanks for the cool link! :icon_study:,i would aggree w/just-geese,or some type of scribe,sack,reapers hook? ya sure,that would work also.but ALOT of such carriers,sacks,etc. that I know are two handled in one way or other,but this(original post)still a possibility! thats why i thank you for the link :icon_study:!!! HH ALL!!!
 
Upvote 0
I think a hay hook is right, but that one may have been broken then resharpend to use for other things, or may have been cut if someone needed a bale hook to just roll bales off a conveyor.
 
Upvote 0
detector de metales said:
Not sure about the hoof picks. I'm thinking more like a sack hook or a reapers hook.
You can find more info here : if they cant tell ya.. forgetaboutit.. LOL

http://www.antiquefarmtools.info/

J2
Great link to have!
Thanks
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom