What's new

What is this iron piece?

BamaBill

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
686
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found in N. Alabama while hunting what may be an old homesite. However, I've seen identical ones in collections from VA. Is this a wagon piece? Is it mid 1800's? Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • Iron thing.webp
    Iron thing.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 278
Can you post a larger pic? Breezie
 
Upvote 0
One of these was discussed on here sometime within

recent history, but I am having a hard time locating the thread
 
Upvote 0
Is this better?
 

Attachments

  • iron_pc.webp
    iron_pc.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0
I believe that to be a nut to hold a plow point on a georgia stock or cultivator you used the hammer to loosen by tapping on the round hook looking thing.



OkieHillBillie
 
Upvote 0
Still haven't located the other post that I wanted to link to, but here is what I think that piece is.
 

Attachments

  • sicklebar2.webp
    sicklebar2.webp
    153.3 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom