ticm
Silver Member
- Joined
- Sep 5, 2007
- Messages
- 3,243
- Reaction score
- 792
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- New Jersey
- Detector(s) used
- Whites V3i and DFX
Sounds like a winner. He found several and upon close examination (of the pic) the item does appear to be broken in the center.NOLA_Ken said:Doesn't look like a die, at least to me. I'm thinking it might be a wheel off of an old toy car or something, just missing a bit of the center. do the spoke parts look like they've been broken off?
That rules out a die or thread chaser.ticm said:A magnet did not stick to it.... ...( there are no groves for threading ).
Are you sure its not broken? The center looks broken out in your picture.ticm said:The spoke like things don't look broke...

bigcypresshunter said:That rules out a die or thread chaser.ticm said:A magnet did not stick to it.... ...( there are no groves for threading ).
Are you sure its not broken? The center looks broken out in your picture.ticm said:The spoke like things don't look broke...Maybe if you post a pic of all of them we may see something thats different or that you havent noticed.
![]()
I think they would all break at the weakest point (the same place) but I havent found an exact match.DirtDigler said:Very curious indeed. If they are toy wheels then the action of breaking them from the hub would likely cause some to be shorter.
DirtDigler said:Wow! The plot thickens! They are certainly thick enough to be toy wheels, but at the same time, I'd think the spokes would be bent outward or inward when the break occured. And they'd appear more jagged at the break. I am leaning more toward something besides a wheel because of that. But I am often wrong with such assessments. How many did you find and how far apart?
bigcypresshunter said:Test it with a magnet. If its brass, its not a threading die.
Not likely to be from the same toyticm said:DirtDigler said:How many did you find and how far apart?
I found another one like it in a different place a long way from where I found this one. Both areas were old house sites
but the items are usually IDable when more than one are found in more than one different area. I think it could help if you would be kind enough to post a picture of the 2 wheels found, side by side in the same pic.. thanks