What's new

✅ SOLVED What is this square stone?

MrVVillis

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 14, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!

Newbie here.

Found this today in my backyard with my newly acquired Garret Ace 300. The stone consistently has a reading of 77/78.

After some Google searching this afternoon, I am guessing it is Diorite?? I can't quite figure it out.
 

Attachments

  • 20200818_154603.webp
    20200818_154603.webp
    571.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20200818_154556.webp
    20200818_154556.webp
    405.2 KB · Views: 62
It looks to me like a piece of corroded zinc or pot metal especially if you get a strong reading on your Garret.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like some kind of melted aluminum/zinc/lead, I don't think Diorite will ring up on the detector. Welcome to the forum!
 
Upvote 0
I’m with Noah, I don’t think it is diorite especially if the white comes off easily.
 
Upvote 0
Wow thanks for the fast responses!

The corroded white stuff does scrape off relatively easy.

Thanks again!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom