What's new

What is this stone thing?

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
1,487
Reaction score
1,648
Golden Thread
1
Location
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sister found this stone in the woods today in northwest CT. I have no idea what it is but it's been manipulated somehow. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-1952761414.webp
    image-1952761414.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 146
  • image-3497166977.webp
    image-3497166977.webp
    49 KB · Views: 134
  • image-543174198.webp
    image-543174198.webp
    65 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0
Looks natural to me, but I'm on my phone too.
 
Hmm thanks but I don't think its natural. Sorry for the terrible pictures.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet
 
It looks too symetrical to be natural to me, I'm no expert though. Just give it a little time, things are slow in the artifacts section, but eventually, one of the experts will chime in. Sit tight bud.
 
You know I find all types of shapes in the creeks around here. Some look like artifacts but most aren't even worked. Your pictures leave allot to be desired but from what I can see I believe it is a natural formed rock. I hate to say that but unless you can get some better pics of the ends I am saying natural. Thanks for the post, rock
 
It looks too symetrical to be natural to me, I'm no expert though. Just give it a little time, things are slow in the artifacts section, but eventually, one of the experts will chime in. Sit tight bud.

Nature is full of symmetrical things, stones included. And the piece is question is not really that symmetrical either.
 
Thank you guys you might be right. But here's some better photos.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-2480676012.webp
    image-2480676012.webp
    72 KB · Views: 119
  • image-509926193.webp
    image-509926193.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-60315251.webp
    image-60315251.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3677391553.webp
    image-3677391553.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 116
  • image-312764330.webp
    image-312764330.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 115
It looks to me that your daughter has found a "whet" stone, used to sharpen Scythes, sickles and generally any thing with a blade. They are commonly mistaken as an Indian artifact which would show deeper lines and grinding marks.
 
Sorry for some reason got sister and daughter mixed up.........
 
I think you might be right about that thank you.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet
 
Nature is full of symmetrical things, stones included. And the piece is question is not really that symmetrical either.

You were saying...?
 
You were saying...?

I thought I kept it pretty simple and clear, is there something you don't get? I wouldn't hang my hat on "may have found", and if it is a whetstone, thats GREAT, it still isn't that symmetrical.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom