What's new

What is this?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,707
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this small enameled piece many years ago while hunting civil war sites in the Hagerstown, Md. area. I am not sure of the composition.
My brother also found one. Could it be from a saddle?
 

Attachments

  • Whatzit front.webp
    Whatzit front.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 406
  • whatzit back.webp
    whatzit back.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 403
It looks like it might be some type of concho that would be on a kid's cap gun holster. Welcome to the forum! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
It looks like it might be some type of concho that would be on a kid's cap gun holster. Welcome to the forum! Breezie

That's what I was thinking. :icon_thumright:. Tony
 
Upvote 0
Looks like one half of a decorative grommet.

Scott
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Breezie that it's likely from some toy holster or other related item.

Her suggestion led me to this site, and although I looked through some of it and didn't see the exact concho, there are tons of great photos here and the item may be hidden among them somewhere. If not, it's still an interesting stroll down memory lane for anyone interested in vintage toy cap guns and holsters. I was born in 1952, and my favorite cowboy hero then and now is still Roy Rogers.

SODABOTTLEBOB

http://www.nicholscapguns.com/index.html
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
5
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Two What's Its
Replies
10
Views
637
Replies
12
Views
857

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom