What's new

what is this?

RockinIdaho

Full Member
Joined
May 24, 2014
Messages
163
Reaction score
108
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Other
What is this?

DSCF1074.webpDSCF1075.webpDSCF1077.webpDSCF1078.webpDSCF1080.webp
 
Upvote 0
TOOL MARKS.webpARENT THESE TOOL MARKS?DSCF1063.webpPERCUSSION MARKS?
 
petrified Ear Was my first reaction :thumbsup:
may be natural :dontknow:
 
Natural...rocks are made of a lot of different compounds, materials...different or varying densities, and over the millions and millions of years the softer stuff eventually erodes, washes, wears away...I've seen rocks with perfectly round or square holes that I would swear were man-formed but the quartz deposits wore away leaving the depressions, more prominent in moving water...streams, creeks etc...very cool piece though, definitely a conversation piece...ddf
 
Yes its natural and no those arent use marks but just normal cortex that I see every time I go to the creek or fields. Keep looking
 
Sorry but I have to agree. It is a cool natural rock.
 
and consider ...why would such a tool have percussion marks where you see them...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom