rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it is a nice looking ring. So did it bring you any luck?

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll see! Like I said, I was going to wear it when I go out artifact hunting, and the snow is slowly melting, so it may be not too long.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
OK well you already have most of what I have found. I will look for some red jasper then. If I find it I will send that instead. Unless you already have that? I didnt know Tn had the same type of flint and chert we do here. I know Ala has some but it swirls with a tan to brown chert. I dont have that here though. Wish we did.
it is amazing what I find that I am told we do not have in our area but then I am at the bottom of the cranberry mine district out of NC. No I don't jave red Jasper..I have white lol. If you want just hold off. Like I said no rush. Will give me time to get rid of some rocks I have piled up in my way.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I will be on the lookout for some red jasper then. I read where the creamy black chert was only found in my area. Maybe the Indians traded it to your area. I know they prized it here.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
I find alot of stuff they say is not native to us which is odd. But then we are right near the App trail so could be something to do with that where they may have packed stuff and lost it along the way but then I think about how much I find and the veins I find so I really do not know lol.

Upvote 0

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like me. Found so much druzy quartz I said it was my new favorite mineral at the time but now it has become fluorite.

Fluorite you say? Found this on Sunday. Not sure if the matrix is hematite,galena, quartz, but I think it is. Pyrite on the other side of the stone. Sure wished it was gold/silver matrix.
Turquoise.jpg

Upvote 0

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have to say I actually have 2 favorites. Quartz and Fluorite. Have become very obsessed with them as lately matter of fact lol.

Could you determine the mineral in upper left of photo near Nam coin? It bends a razor blade and looks like an animal? If it is what I think it is then that is my favorite! 20130222_112827.jpg HH Boris

Upvote 0

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm sorry boris but I have no clue. But where did you find the Claddagh ring?

Look on upper left of my largest ring[loose on thumb], Is that a white mineral in the silver925? HH Boris The one whom wore it is long gone in 1600s? Beach find.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
Look on upper left of my largest ring[loose on thumb], Is that a white mineral in the silver925? HH Boris The one whom wore it is long gone in 1600s? Beach find.

white mineral on the silver could be calcite. maybe just a close up of it.

Upvote 0

Brian T. Booth

Feb 28, 2013
Glasgow KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geologist here, and new to Treasure Net. Phenakite and Millerite are my two favorite minerals.

Upvote 0

Brian T. Booth

Feb 28, 2013
Glasgow KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geologist you say? You may have just become my new best friend lol. Welcome to tnet.

Thank You. If you have any questions just ask. I love rocks, minerals and processes of the Earth. It is my passion! Like I said contact me if you need anything.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread