What IS Your Opinion Of The Minelab Sovereign GT?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening MB,

I have a Sovereign GT with the WOT that I recently bought and I really like it. Owning the Excal I was already use to the tones. I have found it to be a little different from the Excal, but only in the sound of the tones.

I don't have many hours logged on it yet, but I have used it several times on the beach and been very happy with it. Due to my limited hunting time because of my work and the fact it has been real hot I haven't used it on land so far in Florida as water hunting is my number 1 enjoyment when it comes to hunting.

You might get some opinions from gravediggermax and RJNail as they both use it a lot.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sov GT is a land version of the Excal and it has a couple bells and whistles thrown in. I mainly just hunt water now and sold my Sov.

As TH said, it's sound tones are different for the same target as the Excal, but still just as deep.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I have a GT!!! and love everything about it.Beach... no problem Gold,Rivers.

It is... on the heavy side.But....do able; hip strapped. If you want something lighter The Tesro Lobo is good too.

Happy hunting.
RD

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Hey Badger I've got a sovereign elite and love it. I read about an old logging site your detecting, well I have one too. The depth of the sovereign is probably it's greatest asset. When you get a site like that you don't want to feel your missing anything due to lack of depth. I dug a 1885 seated liberty dime at a depth I couldn't believe. Just take your time and listen for that sweet low volume high frequency tone.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the GT also and love it. It works great where I live and I am finding targets where my garretts missed them.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as you may know

I have the XS-2 with the WOT coil on it.

other then an Extra Toggle, or 2
and Design,
I don't know if there is much difference.

I'm completly hooked on mine
for any situation.

even with the WOT it gets great seperation
in trashy areas in Disc.
although when I switch to all metal to pinpoint
I will sometimes find there are Multiple targets
under the coil, making it necessary to
choose one to dig first.

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
MB,

A great machine,u need 1 I got a new 1 4 u.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread