What's new

What is your real passion.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know everybody here CRH's for the silver, but does anybody else have a passion for collecting things other than the Silver we get from CRH?

I enjoy coin collecting as well so CRH kinda fits in.
I have a severe fetish for Morgan dollars. I have a couple MS65's, bunches of MS64's, many MS63's and a 2X2 box full of AU's and some key dates. I also love the ASE, prettiest coin outside of the Morgan that was ever minted.

What about everybody else, do we share somethings in common other than CRH?
 
Upvote 0
Pretty much sums me up, also. I like gold, too. $5, 10 & 20 Liberties. My great-uncle gave me an 1886-S half eagle when I was six. Guess that's how I got my start.

HH,
Legend
 
I collect dryer lint and classic pull tabs.
 
collected coins (crh helped it a lot), newspapers (yankees world series, important news), coke bottles (old, new limit editions)
 
I collect all sorts of coins. I guess I also have a bit of an obsession with collecting music and movies.
 
I collect all kinds of coins, my favorite is probably walking liberty halves, Morgans are sweet too. Silver eagles are always nice. I really like the super oldies too, seated liberties are one of my favorites. I only have a few though.
I collect foreign and Canadian too, so I get a lot from roll hunting other than silver. I'ver got a nice stash of errors and proofs as well.
 
Historical miniature wargaming, on the competitive level,or just for fun
Collecting old toy soldiers
Shooting- preferably Hartford made Colts Cap & Ball revolvers to the 1911. Also like shooting flintlocks.
Hunting
Boating,swimming,the beach :icon_sunny:
painting
Reading Reading Reading (I don't watch TV)
Anything and everything to do with history
Mding
Doing pushups
What I'd like to do
Learn and master the English longbow
Fencing En Garde !
Camping
Eat Italian food 7 days a week Mangia!!!

and a ton of other stuff that I can't think of at the moment
HH
Rich
 
Dirtfishing is my passion ....... seateds, Barbers, halves ....... I'm amazed at how much silver is still buried!
 
I collect everything.
Guns..Like Military rifles with history..Garands..M14's etc..
Shooting bows
I used to build Flintlock rifles before son #2 came around. Now I play with my kids.
Ham Radio..
Playing my guitar.
Reloading.
 
Oh! You guys reminded me of a few big ones I left out! MDing (although I don't do nearly as much as I would like) and fishing.
 
For me its out of control.....

Golf, Coin Hunting, Remote Control Cars/Planes, Watch Collecting, Knife collecting, Guns, ....

But my biggest passion is my Kids and Wife.

I love doing all these things with my Kids.
 
FreedomUIC said:
I know everybody here CRH's for the silver, but does anybody else have a passion for collecting things other than the Silver we get from CRH?

For the first 20 years or so that I CRH'ed, i only had about 7-10 silver coins to show for it and those were all from casinos. (a couple 40% halves and a few war nickels), so I think you're opening assumption is false. Sure, it's nice to find a few silver coins here and there, but it's not why I CRH even today.

I have always been a coin collector first. If I wasn't a coin collector, I am not sure that I would enjoy CR'ing as much as I do.


I have always been a treasure hunter of sorts. I used to get the same thrill from collecting sports cards (growing up), but the market changed so much that I don't find it as much fun anymore. Still have most of my collection though I sold a few things before the sports card market crashed while I was in college. MD'ing is fun, but most of my free time is night time so I can't say it's a big passion. Only went out once this summer, though I did pull a few wheat pennies that day.

Other things include my kids (and watching their sports), going out, running, and working to make the small company I work for successful (and reaping the benefits myself when it succeeds). I could come up with a longer list of other things, but those are some of the top ones.
 
Peace Dollars are my favorite, but I have never found one in the wild. Second is War nickels.

I really enjoy sitting on my back porch with Mr. Apush just talking and having a beer after a long week of work. Our kids are grown and we really enjoy our time together. We travel as much as we can (job keeps me busy).

We love to spend time with our granddaughter who is 5. She is going with us to the coin show in the morning. :hello2:

Love history, especially the Great Depression & World War II, plus I am a bit partial to colonial women's history. I miss teaching.

I have a really big Star Trek collection that I have tucked away (yep, my own kids think I am a bit geeky). Spent a pretty penny on various collectables of the years.

I love to read, camp, and the beach is my all time favorite spot to relax. Plus I metal detect a bit. I plan to retire at age 55. Then I will work for a bank as one of those "tellers." :laughing9:

apush :read2:
 
As far as coin roll hunting goes, my passion is assembling a set of Jefferson nickels (1938-1961) from roll hunting. Having searched 49,040 coins, I lack the following:

1938-D, 1938-S, 1939-D, 1939-S, 1943-D, 1944-S, 1945-D, 1945-S, 1946-S, 1950-D.

All of these are difficult to find in circulation, I would think, except the 1946-S. I am not sure why that one has not turned up. Recently I found a 1955, which was as far as I know, the first I have ever found. When I tried to assemble the 1938-1961 set years ago, the only ones I never found were the 1950-D and the 1955.

My other great collecting passion is the books of Arkham House, although no one here is likely to be interested in that.

Thanks to all for the excellent posts.


-Arkham House
 
I love to collect mercury dimes. I have most of the set and I plan on buying a 1921 semi key. But my real passion is basketball. I hope to make JV this year
 
FreedomUIC said:
I know everybody here CRH's for the silver, but does anybody else have a passion for collecting things other than the Silver we get from CRH?

I enjoy coin collecting as well so CRH kinda fits in.
I have a severe fetish for Morgan dollars. I have a couple MS65's, bunches of MS64's, many MS63's and a 2X2 box full of AU's and some key dates. I also love the ASE, prettiest coin outside of the Morgan that was ever minted.

What about everybody else, do we share somethings in common other than CRH?

Actually my passion is sharing the gospel of jesus to people around me. Not CRH, but something that is positive for the community, posistive for the person, and positive for all eternity. The one thing that will outlast silver and gold. :-)

Okay, back to our normally scheduled programming.
 
Howdy everyone,

I have a passion for life in general. I have a deep passion for my wife and family. Then nature and plants. I really enjoy propagating native plants, especially rare species of wildflowers, because invasive exotic species are a severe threat to biodiversity. I used to breed disease resistance into an endangered tree. My garden is pretty cool too (and tasty!!). I also like travelling, reading, canoeing, and camping, although I don't have much time for those, since I work so much.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
I am fifteen years old. Other than coin roll hunting I do a lot of stuff. Ive collected coins for 8 years or since I was 7 years old. I am starting to do all my coins sets in dansco albums. I have most of my jefferson nickels in MS 64(including key dates) My favorite coins are the older coins such as the half cents, large cents, two cent peices, three cent peaces and half dimes. I also collect currency. I enjoy being outdoors. I like fishing. I am a big metal detctor. I metal detect mostly in the summer because I have school most of the time. This summer I found my 1500th coin. I love to see when you dig a hole and then you see the rim of a silver coin. The best coin I found in the ground was a 1922 Peace Dollar in my front yard. I also got a 1916-D Barber Quarter in my front yard. Its amazing what underneath that sod. I also love to be on TNET! I love animals. I have 1 green iguana, 2 bearded dragons, 1 cat, 1 dog. I like watching Football. Go PACKERS. I also am into tractor pulling. On the way to a tractor pull I always go through rolls of coins. Thats about it. Now I have to get my clothes ready for picture day tommorow :(
I wish the best of luck to my fellow coin roll hunters.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom