What's new

What is your take on this?

TheProf

Full Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2009
Messages
183
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my bank with my checking and mortgage accounts yesterday and got 2 rolls pennies and 1 roll dimes, got five roseys in the dime box and thought I would get 2 more boxes of dimes today. They are a little lazy so I have to call an hour before I arrive to request coin, a nuisance but I comply. I called this morning to order the 2 more boxes of dimes and told them I would be there in an hour. Ten minutes later I get a call back from the bank, "We are sorry, we are out of dimes."

They know me and my voice there, after I got off the phone I started to think..... I know its July 4th weekend, but I never heard of bank running out of money! My other thought was the "real business" customers might actually need dimes and why give them to a me and just give me an excuse to blow me off. What do you think of either scenario.
 
Upvote 0
TheProf said:
Went to my bank with my checking and mortgage accounts yesterday and got 2 rolls pennies and 1 roll dimes, got five roseys in the dime box and thought I would get 2 more boxes of dimes today. They are a little lazy so I have to call an hour before I arrive to request coin, a nuisance but I comply. I called this morning to order the 2 more boxes of dimes and told them I would be there in an hour. Ten minutes later I get a call back from the bank, "We are sorry, we are out of dimes."

They know me and my voice there, after I got off the phone I started to think..... I know its July 4th weekend, but I never heard of bank running out of money! My other thought was the "real business" customers might actually need dimes and why give them to a me and just give me an excuse to blow me off. What do you think of either scenario.
That's not unusual. Yes, you might short their dimes, at least they called back to let you know. If you are pulling boxes from their stock, place an order so that they can order additional boxes for you. ffd
 
TheProf said:
Went to my bank with my checking and mortgage accounts yesterday and got 2 rolls pennies and 1 roll dimes, got five roseys in the dime box and thought I would get 2 more boxes of dimes today. They are a little lazy so I have to call an hour before I arrive to request coin, a nuisance but I comply. I called this morning to order the 2 more boxes of dimes and told them I would be there in an hour. Ten minutes later I get a call back from the bank, "We are sorry, we are out of dimes."

They know me and my voice there, after I got off the phone I started to think..... I know its July 4th weekend, but I never heard of bank running out of money! My other thought was the "real business" customers might actually need dimes and why give them to a me and just give me an excuse to blow me off. What do you think of either scenario.
Could be either one, oh and I have seen a Bank run outa change most certainly have. Seeing it is holiday they may be faced with a delayed delivery by their coin service is what I'm figuring and they do not wana give you of their limited supplies over holiday weekend.
 
Yeah not abnormal around any holiday situation. It never fails around a holiday tellers magically forget to order stuff and run out of coinage. Don't read to much into it.

Golden Silver
 
I tried to get a bag of quarters, right before Memorial Day, and was told no, because Wal-Mart had requested $1500 worth, more than normal because of the holiday.

Give them a couple days to catch up and things will probably be okay. The timing sucks though. You get a good score and try to take advantage of it and the door gets closed.
 
happens all the time to me!!! i hate when that happens tho...good luck on finding some dimes to search. hh, and happy 4th! s
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom