what Items should I sell in Flea Market?

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Re: what Items should I sell in ''Flea Market''?

it would be hard to tell you what would sell.....no 2 flea markets are alike....something that sells hot ot one market may not even get a looker 20 miles down the road....it is truly a trial and error venture.....i have been doing it off and on for about 5 years and just now getting a pretty good idea of what to sell at the one i go to..... sorry i couldn't be of more help...good luck

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Visit some of your local flea markets. What the people and what they seem to buy the most off. Marty, is right each flea market is different. Notice the age groups that visit. I watch things like this out of curiosity. Plants, fruit trees, flowers (especially day lilies) sell good here at this time of year. Also chickens and roosters. (Farm people). In my area there is a woman who sells a huge variety of flowers, plants, and trees. She always has customers lined up. When the weather gets warm people want to get out and start planting. If you do any type of animals you had better make SURE that you have them water and food in the cages. Also baby chicks that are dyed and baby rabbits sell before Easter. I wouldn't like to do that because most end up turn loose after the cute stage wears off.

Good luck. Pepper

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

your silver and gold,shouldn't be problem getting rid of it :icon_jokercolor:

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

justgeese said:
Machine guns are selling good this time of year :thumbsup: Where is the market going to be, you are listed as TN. what are you close to ? Are you going to be drawing tourist crowd or locals? Will you be close to I-40 or 65 where you may be drawing heavy traffic? You said it was inside ...do not do anything alive (sorry Pepper) all these thing require attention thru the week and unless you want to be hauling it back and forth to the house at the end of the day stay away from it. Don't even consider baby chicks and rabbits, all you need is one "Bunny Hugger" to come along and call SPCA and your butt gets a ticket for to many chicks per cage... Now what to sell, sale junk, most people are looking for items to decorate with or something that reminds them of their childhood, old toys, license plates, marbles old tools..Look around and see what you want to get rid of, there's someone that will buy it ...good luck
Don

No problem. {wink} Your, right if you don't do the chick, rabbit, thingy correctly, the SPAC could cause a huge headache. Not to mention possible fines. :evil5: :D

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I love going to flea markets, the stuff that sets there time after time is the junk dishes that are not collectible, overpriced jewelry, and crafty crap. If you're doing a booth with a variety I would suggest good quality soy candles, vintage children's toys, current children's toys, and better quality glassware. The problem is that finding good things to sell costs alot so you might not come out very far ahead. I know my sister buys clearance items and Wal-Mart and makes good money selling it next season but you have to be able to invest and wait. Another option would be buying box lots at auctions and hoping you find some goodies. I've heard many stories of great finds in these boxes.
Good luck with whatever you decide to sell! The more vendors there are the customers there are.

R

Roulong

You never know really. My buddy does flea markets every week. He goes to garage sales on friday and saturday then on sunday he sells the stuff for a profit. He also makes stuff and sells it. His best seller is his home made pork rinds. I love them.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heres a thought ( good seller no matter where you live) kids and or adult clothing...even nice clothes purchased at yardsales,if you wash em and display them nicely, folks are always looking for cheap good deals on kids clothes..heck you can even get name brands at yard sales...but in all honesty, you wont know what else to sell till ya try it.

dollar priced items are good too to think about as well..

find out where the nearest trade shows are being held ( tax id required to get in if I amnot mistake) there you can buy wholesale ...

but like everyone else said, scope it out..see what others are selling and notice whats not there....hope this helps ya..

oh fishing stuff,crabbing stuff for summertime fun...beach toys and stuff like that too

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course

lRandylInlOhiol said:
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
{wink}

Fleas

{wink}
were do i get the jumbo fleas :D
I was thinking the same thing. Out here in CA we don't call them a Flea Market. Got enough fleas on that mangy old dog, why buy more :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread