What kina of camera you need for pics

S

seger98

Re: What kina of camera you need for pic's

Look in your book & see where to find the macro settings!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

You should be able to take a picture of the coin from far away. Then Zoom in really close and get a really good picture. They should also have an option on your camera to edit that picture, so it is the zoomed pic only. Then you end up with the far away picture and the really nice zoomed in picture :)

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE

Dcoop said:
Keep in mind I'm a camera idiot,i have a Canon a560powershot digital,cant shoot a good close up of coins,its all fuzzy and stuff.theres a couple things i need ID'ed.do i need a real Camera?

Your camera is actually really good and will do what you want. Here's what you need to do.... adjust it to the highest quality setting and resolution. Take the picture from a distance of 2-3 feet. Then use your photo editing software to zoom in and crop. I use the same camera and it works really good, but if you try to get the item close and snap the picture, forget it.

BomberJohn

Apr 6, 2008
North Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETrac

The A560 does hae a macro mode. Turn your camera on (picture taking mode). On the back of the camera hit the flower symbol. his will put the camera in macro mode. You should be able to get up to 2 inches away from objects.

Good luck.

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

use your zoom if you have to then crop the picture to close up. that will also work. All new camera's have Macro.....

Good luck.

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Macro on your camera is the flower thingy on the left side of the big round button. See below...

Attachments

• ZYBACK-LG.JPG
    ZYBACK-LG.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 186

weemskat

Jun 23, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One thing that always worked for me when I was selling stuff on eBay is to (whenever possible) take the photos outside under sunlight or natural light.This note with the Macro settings and you should get some nice photos. Good Luck. weemskat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions