What's new

✅ SOLVED What Kind Of Thorn Makes it's Own Cordage?

diggummup

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
17,871
Reaction score
10,149
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you tell me what this is?

IMG_7652 (1280x758).webpIMG_7651 (1280x635).webp
 
I would also say yucca. Gently hammering the leaf below the spine can produce a needle and thread in an emergency. Very nice example. Where did you find it?
 
Upvote 0
Also in West Africa there is a similar type plant that you can scrape off the green outer part and reveal the thread-like material. I remember doing it when I was younger.
 
Upvote 0
I would also say yucca. Gently hammering the leaf below the spine can produce a needle and thread in an emergency. Very nice example. Where did you find it?
It was in a (sort of) junk drawer at an estate sale. Thanks for the replies. Learn something new every day. [emoji106]
 
Upvote 0
Does look more like the Agave type. Seems there are several plants that this can be done with.
Edit- after looking at agave plants I think I've been stuck by one of those before or something real similar anyway.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Two What's Its
Replies
10
Views
655
Replies
11
Views
832

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom