diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this up over the weekend at a local swapmeet.It appears to be brass and is about 25mm in diameter.The reverse has on it ; Token of Esteem around the top edge,under that a crown with shield,I can't make out what is in the center of the shield other than some stars and a series of lines in different directions.Around the shield at 3 different points are letters;C is on the left,N is on the right and P is on the bottom of the exterior of the shield.It is about the thickness of a dime,thinner than a cent.No date.Who is on the front of this token?Any help will be much appreciated.Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 19.jpg
    Picture 19.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 358
  • Picture 17.jpg
    Picture 17.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 347
O

Ole Mole

Well I did a Google and came up with one on Ebay that ended awhile back that did not sell. In fact the seller had know idea what it was or where it came from.
Did more Google and found one that was mentioned in another auction but does not have much info.

Here is what they had about it:
CrossRef: Canada: Breton/Charlton/LeRoux Listed // 11259. Canada. Two Tokens of Esteem. Wreath around bust right / "Token of Esteem" above crowned shield, "C N P" B-C599. 24 mm brass. F/XF. $15.00-20.00+

Here is the web link: http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...+Token+of+Esteem+cnp&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

It's nearly to the bottom of the page. Sorry no other info. yet

Upvote 0
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ol' mole. :) Boy that's a loooonnnggg page! :o I know it's Canadian now.That's a start.Now for a date? :-\

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread