What's new

What magnets should i put in my new stealth 720 scoop?

Lbcwanabe

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
62
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just pulled the trigger on a stealth 720i with combo 1/2 and 1/4 inch holes. I opted for the 1/4" holes so i could hopefully avoid having to instal wire mesh to catch smaller objects. This is my first water scoop and i thinki would like to install some magnets as i will be hunting with a PI unit. Does anyone have experience with this? What type of magnets and how should i install them?

Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
When I hunted with a pi I put the wire mesh in plus a magnet from home depot it was like a 2x2 square magnet with a hole in the middle so you could run a bolt threw it and it put it on the inside on the bottom and it really helped catchin small iron objects so I didnt keep chasin them if they sliped threw the holes, really saved me alot of time, maybe you can put a small one on the outside of the front of the scoop to catch metal that you may miss or push away I never did that cause after awhile I switched to vlf
 
Last edited:
A really hard question.
 
My Pictures from flash Dr. Chris 018.webpThese are the magnets I added to one of my Stealth Scoops. There is an earring stud in front of the magnets.
 
Sandman- How did you fasten those down? What type of magnets ae they? Looks good! Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom