What's new

What makes this horseshoe worth $ 103.00 ... or more??

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,354
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't get it!
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 3.52.09 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 3.52.09 PM.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 251
Not if you can sell them for $100 each. I have gone to a lot of auctions over the years, I have seen Indian artifacts sell for 3 times the appraised price. If an oil painting is appraised at $5000 and sells for $25,000 at auction what was the value of the painting?

In my mind, the value would be what someone else was willing to pay so in this case, I'd say the value was what the other bidder(s) were willing to pay... approximately $24,500. I don't agree that it's only worth the appraised value.

OO
 
Upvote 0
Sometimes people use online auctions to launder money. This could be the case with this horseshoe.
 
Upvote 0
5000.00 dollars .. that is all an insurance company would be willing pay for it if it was damaged or destroyed.
Not if he has it reappraised and comes back at higher price. Bottom line is still it is worth ever someone will pay for it.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've only been around horses, but I'm thinking that may be a mule shoe. I wonder if the proud new owner would be disappointed?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom