What's new

What makes this horseshoe worth $ 103.00 ... or more??

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,354
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't get it!
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 3.52.09 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 3.52.09 PM.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
people probably saw it was dug from the civil war and that is why or people are just stupid

I think the latter of the two is most likely .. ain't no "Civil War" shoe worthy that much!
 
Upvote 0
Not hand-fashioned for a gimpy horse, or the horse that Gen. Lee rode on, either...!
Folks will pay what they think its worth..........
 
Upvote 0
The same idiots who will buy a piece of toast that has the likeness of Jesus toasted on it are undoubtably the same ones who will buy a horse shoe for a hundred bucks.
 
Upvote 0
evidently it's worth that much because 20 morons say it is
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
6707.webp People just trying to take advantage of gullible people.
 
Upvote 0
View attachment 1635272 People just trying to take advantage of gullible people.

Ha. That reminds me.... the other day I saw someone near me had listed some modern air force buttons on the local facebook marketplace as 'genuine uniform buttons from the civil war'
 
Upvote 0
What some people will do for a dollar embarrasses me most times and the other times I am ashamed and upset that I can't punch them in the nose for their stupidity ...d2
 
Upvote 0
It is worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it just like anything sold. People pay $40,000 plus for some new cars that will lose 60% of their value over 5 years.
 
Upvote 0
It is worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it

Being foolish and spending ones money unwisely doesn't increase the worth .. just makes the buyer look ignorant.
 
Upvote 0
Being foolish and spending ones money unwisely doesn't increase the worth .. just makes the buyer look ignorant.


Who sets the worth of anything, the only thing I know that sets the actual worth of something is what someone else is willing to pay for it. I have been to many auctions and have seen repeatedly the worth of something was what the buyers were willing to pay.
 
Upvote 0
If I had a regular run of the mill quarter lets say, and somebody paid me 100 dollars for it, the quarter they bought is still only worth 25¢.
 
Upvote 0
If I had a regular run of the mill quarter lets say, and somebody paid me 100 dollars for it, the quarter they bought is still only worth 25¢.
Not if you can sell them for $100 each. I have gone to a lot of auctions over the years, I have seen Indian artifacts sell for 3 times the appraised price. If an oil painting is appraised at $5000 and sells for $25,000 at auction what was the value of the painting?
 
Upvote 0
5000.00 dollars .. that is all an insurance company would be willing pay for it if it was damaged or destroyed.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom