What's new

what pin pointer do you use

A metal detector!

Fortunately, I mastered pinpointing with a detector many moons before the advent of the hand held pinpointer. I did a bunch of detecting at night, so I learned to rely on my MD to find the item. I went through several attempts to use a portable light, but they just made my detecting too cumbersome. I got a pinpointer with my last unit but have never used it in the field.

I am sure that it would be a great help for most folks.

Good luck! HH
 
I use a pistol probe with no problem hearing it with headphones.I have the volume set on high.it is bulky but I like it
 
I have never had a problem pinpointing with my detector until I got my Minelab Safari. The depth indicator is worthless for anything but coins I have found. If the object is shallow no problem but if it's 8 or 10 inches a handheld is a must for me at least. Monty
 
Cen-tech for me, not so much because I am cheap but because it's all I need.
 
Garrett Pro Pointer.. I like it so much I'm Getting a second one :headbang:
 
I have a Pistol Probe and have found it quite satisfactory. It regularly finds targets 4-6" deep. The manufacturer is very prompt in answering questions. I broke the hinge pin on the little door that holds the batteries in place and asked to purchase a replacement door. Three days later I had it in the mail box with no charge.
 
I agree that learning to pinpoint with your detector is very valuable I have noticed that up the rocks an in a few other instances a pin pointer would really be nice to have.

I thank everyone for their thoughts an input . :thumbsup:



Tank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom