North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use 2.4.8 and a 30.

I bought the 2 & 8 first.

The 2 was too course for my drywasher and the 8 runs great, but takes so much longer to process.
The 4 was a great trade off.

The 30 I use on concentrates before using my table for the super fine gold.

Some guys in the club have them all, but they are great customers to those who sell supplies.

Hope that helps :coffee2:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what size gold you findin ?

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finding all sub 30 so far...too hot right now, but I have 3 buckets to check here at the house

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
in the field I usually fill a 5 gallon bucket with 1/2 classified material, then I transfer to 1/4 inch and a 5 gallon bucket full of 1/2 in the area I prospect usually fills a 1.5 gallon bucket full of 1/4 inch. then I run this through the sluice. dump all my sluice/dredge/highbank/etc concentrates in a bucket and bring home. then those get classified down to 30 mesh and 50 mesh, each processed individually in the blue-bowl to grab that smaller gold! its small but it really adds up quick!

ive read that the best fine gold classifier recovery setup should be 30/50/70/100 meshes but past 50 is micron, but I've read that in this range most of the gold is in the 70 mesh range..... how they come up with that without knowing the area someone is prospecting, I have no clue so take that with a grain of salt! best of luck in your decision making!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread