Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To detect for a month, I'd have to go with South Carolina. I would love to load up on as much Civil War history as I could. Don't really have much opportunity to find it here in Illinois. Maybe a button every few years, but that's it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I move to Pa. where there are many leads about buried treasure and ghost towns. I may run into a mod or two.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF you went to Nevada and you got tired, you could go to vegas and look for that pot of gold

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Carson City, I just find it too cold! We can still get lower 30's at night!

Pb2Au

Apr 17, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its true, P.A. used to be the route for entire payrolls for our troops in 1812, stationed along Lake Erie. I'm talking wagons full of gold or silver coins. There are several accounts of them being lost or some of the hold or silver buried to avoid capture. However, in at least one case it was apparent that a rogue ex-military officer may have launched his own expedition to find it and may have actually succeeded. It could be that some of these treasures existed but were actually recovered long ago.

There's another story of a platoon of the Continental Army having ditched quite a bit of equipment somewhere in the Alleghenies as they were being followed and it was weighing them down. It was never found and no leads came up that I know of. However, if you recall the story of the Winchester rifle that was found after 150 years still leaning against a tree in a National Park, that is TRUE. Nad if that can happen so could a bunch of cannons and other gear get dragged by horses into the woods and not be seen again for a long time.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about wagons of gold, but from Pittsburgh to Erie was trail because of French Indian war so yeah western Pennsylvania, forts and other passage ways look it up

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It remand me of the TV ad before Christmas showing his wife working hard on the work out machine as his Christmas gift. Women all over our country raise Hell.

brainpan

Greenie
Jun 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't really have much opportunity to find it here in Illinois. Maybe a button every few years, but that's it. improve your aim

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread