What Style are these earrings?

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
So far my listing looks like this:

Small Native American Fan Sterling Silver Earrings- Red/ Blue/ White/ Black! Nice!

Beautiful set of earrings. I believe they are native american, but I could be wrong! They tested positive for silver. They are not stamped, I think they used to be stamped on the back, but over time wore off. Not sure what the colored stones are that make up the Indian Head Fan design on the front, Please look at the picture to try to determine for yourself. My loss is your gain! Email me with any questions.

Any Help you could give me towards listing would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

• P1215339.JPG
    P1215339.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 110

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post a pic of one of the backs of the earrings, please

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doing the same as you. Trying to figure out what silversmith signed my earrings. Those first earrings are referred to as inlayed with stones. Then you search for silver inlay. Also almost all native AM jewelry is Navajo, Zuni or Hopi, all southwest tribes. Just read up on the differences in tribal silversmiths and their methods/designs

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
doing the same as you. Trying to figure out what silversmith signed my earrings. Those first earrings are referred to as inlayed with stones. Then you search for silver inlay. Also almost all native AM jewelry is Navajo, Zuni or Hopi, all southwest tribes. Just read up on the differences in tribal silversmiths and their methods/designs

Awesome, thanks, any idea on the other pair of earrings?

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first ones are Zuni style, but they are cast settings, not hand made settings, and do not exhibit the quality of good Zuni work. Good Zuni pieces are handmade and the lines between the inlaid stones will be much thinner than the ones on yours. The second pair are hand made common style southwestern earrings with inexpensive mother of pearl "stones". Marking do not wear off earrings, if not there, they never were there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread