Bulk art and pewter buy (maybe)

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
So this lady is selling off everything in her house. She has a lot of old oil paintings, probably close to 50. When I say old, I mean 1800's. She sold me 2 small ones for $2.50 each. Do you think Its worth trying to get the rest of them of a similar price?

As par as pewter is concerned, she has a bunch. I was going to offer her 3-4 bucks a piece, but now think I want to offer her $2/lb. What way do you think I should approach this. They are all nice pieces and I expect them to sell well on the bay.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Not enough info provided on the pewter. Not really sure what it is you are wanting to buy.

As far as the art is concerned. $2.50 sounds extremely cheap for an antique oil painting. If it is hand painted, old, framed well, and in good condition, I would think $2.50 each would be a "no brainer"...

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
The pewter is tee sets, plates, mugs, etc. Assuming its the lowest quality, wheat should I pay?

I'll do my best with the rest if the art.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I don't know anything about pewter or how well it sells. When I hear someone wants to sell everything in their house & has original 1800's oil paintings for $2.50 I'd be very interested. Once I verified they were the real deal I'd be all over those. I'd also look around & either ask her how much for the entire contents or make an offer.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing about 19th century paintings, you can be reasonably sure the artist is dead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions