Steve-gecko
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Mar 24, 2016
- Messages
- 4
- Reaction score
- 8
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Today I went to an estate sale and came across this curious fork. As I contemplated on it, I noticed the spaniard vessel on the top of the fork, the color looks like real gold, the shape looks like it has round edges, pretty heavy for its size, it's not magnetic, looks handmade and def. looks old. I'm still not sure if it's real gold
but I've tried researching all over the web for some info on this fork, but I haven't found anything, not even close! Any info would be appreciated! I want to have it checked but I don't want for the testing process to be invasive in case it really is a relic. We'll see what happens. Thanks in advance!
but I've tried researching all over the web for some info on this fork, but I haven't found anything, not even close! Any info would be appreciated! I want to have it checked but I don't want for the testing process to be invasive in case it really is a relic. We'll see what happens. Thanks in advance!Attachments
Upvote
16



it's 4 5/8 inches long. Thanks for the comments guys! Really good info! It does seems to have marks that I can't decipher, I'll post more pics guys. I don't know if it's brass or if it's cast, I went ahead and attached side pictures as well because there's file marks and next to a 10k gold wedding ring for color identification.Thanks again guys!












