What the heck is this thing? Giant duck call?

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
What the heck is this thing? Giant duck call?

I found this some years back at an old homestead. I have searched for game calls but I can’t find one this gig. It is 13 inches long and 2 3/8” in diameter. There is a metal sleeve that a plunger slides in and out of. The metal sleeve is coned shaped. The plunger is about 5/8” in diameter. It’s made of hard wood. No markings. If someone could tell me what this is I would sure appreciate it. If you need more information PM me.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_027.jpg
    ScreenHunter_027.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 578
  • ScreenHunter_028.jpg
    ScreenHunter_028.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 568
  • ScreenHunter_029.jpg
    ScreenHunter_029.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 540
  • ScreenHunter_030.jpg
    ScreenHunter_030.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 539
  • ScreenHunter_031.jpg
    ScreenHunter_031.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 535
  • ScreenHunter_032.jpg
    ScreenHunter_032.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 545
OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
buckaroo said:
I believe it is a bottle corker.
I believe you are dead on correct. Here is a picture of one I found on Ebay. All that time I spent searching game call websites and less than 5 min. here and bingo, mystery solved. Thanks for the help to all who responded.

Attachments

• Bottle Corker.jpg
    Bottle Corker.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 537
Upvote 0

Angelo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2006
Idaho
Goes to show you!

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...................

Tony

It reminds me of a documentary where Archaeologist excavating some Aztec ruins found a clay pot with a long spout. It showed the Archaeologist smelling the pot and spout and one even blew on the spout thinking that it might even make a sound.

Later they found another depicting the actual use and found that the Aztec Priests would make a marijuana mixture and apply it as an ENEMA.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Angelo said:
Goes to show you!

Tony

It reminds me of a documentary where Archaeologist excavating some Aztec ruins found a clay pot with a long spout. It showed the Archaeologist smelling the pot and spout and one even blew on the spout thinking that it might even make a sound.

Later they found another depicting the actual use and found that the Aztec Priests would make a marijuana mixture and apply it as an ENEMA.
LOL.......Note to self, never use the smell test on unknown objects.... ;)

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Angelo said:
Goes to show you!

Tony

Ah. Early crack use. :D

Upvote 0

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
Angelo said:
Goes to show you!

Tony

I believe,most documentaries should be taken with a grain of salt as marijuana was not introduced into the New World (1545) until about 26 years after the Aztec empire was destroyed (1519).

hasbeen

Upvote 0

Angelo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2006
Idaho
HASBEEN, You are correct in the history. I guess I blew it by replacing TEONANACATL with Marijuana. Nevertheless, my point was that these guys were smelling, touching, and blowing on the spout of the pot for at that time they had not figured out what it was and were speculating.

You can find plenty of information on Teonanacatl enemas on the net.

Tony

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread