what the heck !!!

joecherry

Dec 27, 2012
central illinois
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just messin around in my side yard with my "BOUNTY HUNTER TRACKER IV"(i know lame, but im ordering the platinum soon. and actually i LOVE my tracker 4, me and her understand each other) but we had a good thaw in my area and i found a 1847 large cent with a hole drilled in it about four inches in the dirt!!!!! and i also found a copper or brass medallion from the "LION BUGGY COMPANY" looked it up seems to be fairly old and is in near perfect shape!!!

i have got a fisftull of wheat pennies about 20$ in modern clad some vintage hotwheels, some cool vintage pop tops, a tiny silver ring, and a cheap-o ring....
and guess what?
STILL NO SILVER COINS!!!!!!! i have probably dug upwards of 500 keepers including my clad. No silv yet. maybe the people in my area were just too tight to drop it. :p
spent hours crawling around looking for their sitting liberty half dime they dropped just so i wouldnt find it 100+ years later.

im beginning to question the existance of the silver coin :'(

and that these guys i see who pull silv after silv after silv are just simply my hallucinations :)

Upvote 1
OP
OP
J

joecherry

Dec 27, 2012
central illinois
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the same thing when I had my tracker 4. But the truth is, I thought I hunted out every house on my street but when I got my teknetics, I went to the same houses and I found so many more silver coins at the same houses at my street that I had thought I "hunted out". it's out there!
Good luck

thats good to hear wheatfinder, really.
Teknetics delta 4000 was my other option other than the BH platinum.
Plus it would save me a few bucks as well... what teknetics where you talking about? the only thing that makes me want to stray towards a silver umax is the supposed interference problems the teknetics and BH have, but other than that i have heard mostly great things about them.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, your machine is NOT LAME if you get stuff with it.

OP
OP
J

joecherry

Dec 27, 2012
central illinois
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to put it into perspective. How often in life have you found a spare coin in a parkinglot, or even a dollar bill. Now how often have you found a $20 bill/note in a parkinglot. Folks tended to have more of the lesser, and less of the more valuable. Likewise folks tend to remember where they left a $20 bill (silver coin) compared to a dollar bill (penny).

With that being said, there is also the fact that luck plays a part and research another. If you are at a site that has been previously dug, the higher tones might have been cherry picked. In the end if you put yourself on enough of the right sites (that are fairly untouched) the odds will tilt in ones favor.

Then again, I have a lot of items that I could not believe how long it took me to dig, meanwhile guys left and right were finding them.

Great finds!

Dan

Six years and no Rosie's or Merc's. One barber, one Seated, two halves (silver), two quarters newer silver. That's it for the silver coinage. It's there and we will find it.

If it were easy, everyone would do it. It will come or you will give up, which first?

Thanks for being so helpful guys, it seems like the more i hunt the more ill learn. With more knowledge comes more success. I just need to break the seal on that silver and get it rollin in. I could care less about the money aspect, I'm after the pure enjoyment that immediately follows seeing that silver rim in the hole.

It may not be easy, but in contrast i find it very enjoyable. :)
With that said all it took was me to find that poopy little silver ring my first real time out with my bounty hunter and im a "lifer". I find it hard enough taking a break while its frozen let alone giving up :happy3:

OP
OP
J

joecherry

Dec 27, 2012
central illinois
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, your machine is NOT LAME if you get stuff with it.

That was kind of my train of thought but on some of these forums bounty hunter is like a curse word :p
I actually can tell you with confidence whats in the ground before i dig it. Based on the size of the hit, the crispness or abruptness of a hit, in 50% disc a pull tab with give you a nasty broken two tone hit, while a gold ring (i havent found one though the test was based on my friends wedding band) will give you a smooth but abrupt low tone with no high mixed in.
The disc is actually pretty decent as well i dig goodies with junk in the same hole pretty often and the machine gave no indication on the junk, just a nice, strong retort on the coin.
Never dig a plug bigger than 4 inches across either.
you just have to learn your machine to be profficient with it is my opinion.
I feel if i were to meet a garrett ace 250 guy who just got his machine two days before and i had my TRACKER IV which i know and understand very well, i would probably have him thinking his machine was broken :whip2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions