twistidd
Bronze Member
LowBatts,
Montrose Beach. I've detected there for a few years now, and it's usually hit-or-miss, but never as bad as it was this morning. I got there fairly early and there were already sand sweeper tracks. But you know, it's still early in the season for that stuff. I often see others detecting there too, usually three to five guys in the water, and one or two on the dry sand. Seems like it attracts the newbies w/ cheap detectors in the summer.
Sometimes I hit North Ave beach too. I might try that one soon.
I'm not sure about which beach you had to pay to park, but it's free at Montrose and North Ave beach. Montrose Beach's parking is extensive, and that's an understatement.
Joe
Montrose Beach. I've detected there for a few years now, and it's usually hit-or-miss, but never as bad as it was this morning. I got there fairly early and there were already sand sweeper tracks. But you know, it's still early in the season for that stuff. I often see others detecting there too, usually three to five guys in the water, and one or two on the dry sand. Seems like it attracts the newbies w/ cheap detectors in the summer.
Sometimes I hit North Ave beach too. I might try that one soon.
I'm not sure about which beach you had to pay to park, but it's free at Montrose and North Ave beach. Montrose Beach's parking is extensive, and that's an understatement.
Joe
Those big holes between the swing sets had to be made by an animal...my Se does not even go that deep... Don't feel bad...someone must hit it on a regular basis...was not alot there... There were alot of holes around when I went...but I know the squirrels hide alot of food in there....
I have been getting out 4-5 times a week...averaging $3 to $5 a trip... I have not had any really big clad days this year...just consistent. 
I hope you are right about the big days ahead... 






