What's new

What the hobby is for me

Melissa Archibald

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
60
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far for me the hobby is about getting outside being alone and one with nature, getting the workout from walking. Its maybe meeting nice people along the way and if a treasure of some sort happens to cross my path, great.
 
Once you pass a certain amount of time swinging a coil, or just eyeballing arrowheads, you'll discover that your hobby has become entwined in the fabric of you, and it is no longer a hobby but a passionate lifestyle that you wonder how you ever existed without it. I get just as excited finding a wheatie now as I did when I found my first one 34 years ago. The day I can't swing a coil anymore will be the end of me, for I can't imagine any other way to live.

Mike
 
Preach it brother!
 
I agree whole heartedly Melissa!
 
every care in the world is put on hold while you are detecting....all that matters is what the tones you are hearing. the best part is tnet is here to help us share our finds and hobbies
 
Yep, I agree with all comments. I had some bad news about my truck, which I can't do anything about until Tuesday, so I went detecting. Pulled a 1940 nickel and a handful of newer coins. Helped ease the pain for sure.
 
It is about having fun and the trill of the hunt. I enjoy hunting and fishing and always get excited when I get a deer or a big fish. But there's something differnet and adventurous about looking for modern day treasure. There's just someting about the thrill of the hunt and seeing silver in the hole that makes you feel like your a kid discovering something for the first time. It's just a truly pure and awesome hobby.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom