What's new

What The Older Folks Say...

dang whippersnappers
 
"Boy , I can't stop you from doing that . But , BY GOD !, I can break you of the habit ...."

Words spoken to an 18yr old dummy just before he swung a punch in a late night redneck bar .

That old man was good to his word , too ................. Last time I ever picked a fight . Finished many , but I never picked another . He broke me of the habit ; that retired Gunny Sgt. did .
 
"Boy, that girl's your damn cousin and you both better get out of that woodshed." :laughing7:


































I hope you all know I made that up. :laughing9:
 
truckinbutch said:
"Boy , I can't stop you from doing that . But , BY GOD !, I can break you of the habit ...."

Words spoken to an 18yr old dummy just before he swung a punch in a late night redneck bar .

That old man was good to his word , too ................. Last time I ever picked a fight . Finished many , but I never picked another . He broke me of the habit ; that retired Gunny Sgt. did .

My old man told me, never accept an invitation to fight; be the one to tell the story proudly later.
That meant to me that I had to either always win or not fight. I chose to always win. :whip2:
And, I have! :thumbsup:
Ya really don't want to mess with an old Veteran; They've seen more combat than you and they've lived a full life...come and get it punk...

Best,
Scott
 
AU24K said:
My old man told me, never accept an invitation to fight; be the one to tell the story proudly later.
That meant to me that I had to either always win or not fight. I chose to always win. :whip2:
And, I have! :thumbsup:
Ya really don't want to mess with an old Veteran; They've seen more combat than you and they've lived a full life...come and get it punk...

Best,
Scott

My God!
I've just realized that I'm an....."Older Folk!" GASP!

Best Wishes,
Scott
 
"Son, you ain't no Doctor so quit trying to play one with all the neighbor girls"

I had high hopes of becoming a Doctor. :dontknow:
 
AU24K said:
AU24K said:
My old man told me, never accept an invitation to fight; be the one to tell the story proudly later.
That meant to me that I had to either always win or not fight. I chose to always win. :whip2:
And, I have! :thumbsup:
Ya really don't want to mess with an old Veteran; They've seen more combat than you and they've lived a full life...come and get it punk...

Best,
Scott

My God!
I've just realized that I'm an....."Older Folk!" GASP!

Best Wishes,
Scott
Bofus got older because we learned from folks older than us . Up to us to corrupt another generation . :headbang:
 
Truckin' Buddy,
I feel ya, Bro.
I remember hearin' that several times.
So I've decided to educate the next generation! :thumbsup:
(even if it means explaining what "older folks" sayings meant at the time and how they apply to what's going on today)

Always my best,
Scott

PS. Eliminate FUBAR'S and SNAFU'S! Thus reducing situations of IDGAF and DILLIGAF. Dig?
 
AU24K said:
Truckin' Buddy,
I feel ya, Bro.
I remember hearin' that several times.
So I've decided to educate the next generation! :thumbsup:
(even if it means explaining what "older folks" sayings meant at the time and how they apply to what's going on today)

Always my best,
Scott
Gotchur back , Buddy .
Jim
 
darn it , if I remember correctly , farts aren't lumpy . :help:
 
The oldest saying I can think of is the first thing Adam said to Eve:

"Stand back, I don't know how big this thing gets!"
 
Don't bite off more than you can chew (I heard that one alot growing up)

Paybacks a bitch!

Nothing is as it seems.
 
do not let your hundred dollar mouth write a check , that your fifty cent butt can't cover.

if I was young again I'd whoop ya , but since I'm old now -- guess I 'll just have to settle for shooting ya. ( my 80 year old grandfather * upon having a 30ish loud mouthed punk threaten to beat the crap out of " that old fart"--- up once gramps said that and pulled out his pistol * the punk started singing a very much differant tune- ( please don't kill me)--

lesson learned --young folks will fight you , but old folks will kill you.
 
If you're going to dance to the jig, you must pay the piper.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Best,
Scott
 
And as always, the grumpy old man in the porch rocker says to his grandkid, "Here, pull my finger" :coffee2:
 
I remember "I'm gonna knock the stuffin' out of you" and "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know". I use that one myself on the younger guys that work for me.

My Uncle charlie always used to tell my dog to "Go home your mother has buns" I never knew WTH that meant.
 
Rooter said:
I remember "I'm gonna knock the stuffin' out of you" and "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know". I use that one myself on the younger guys that work for me.

My Uncle charlie always used to tell my dog to "Go home your mother has buns" I never knew WTH that meant.

That reminds me of "hush puppies" and the origins of the name of such.
I've heard the story, more than once, from here, deep in the South, that during fish fries and BBQ events, the cooks would deep-fry balls of batter and throw them as far away as they could and the "stray" dogs would chase them and thus be "hushed" from begging.....

Best,
Ummmm....Oh, YEAH! I like "hush puppies!" :headbang:
(Don't know about chasin' 'em though.... :tongue3:)

Best,
Scott
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom