BioProfessor
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 6, 2007
- Messages
- 2,917
- Reaction score
- 85
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Mankato, MN
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Well here is another thing I can't seem to find any information on. So Help!
I found this in a Revolutionary War period camp area, so it has to be from then.
I would think that the "D" and "X" would be Drachma times ten or Dram times ten but it weighs 15.02 grams so these don't fit from what I can find.
The "Rampant Lion" seems to indicate Dutch origin to me but I can't find any apothecary or coin weights with these letters, this mark, this shape, or this size.
So I'm stumped.
Ideas? Found one like it?
Thanks,
Daryl
I found this in a Revolutionary War period camp area, so it has to be from then.

I would think that the "D" and "X" would be Drachma times ten or Dram times ten but it weighs 15.02 grams so these don't fit from what I can find.
The "Rampant Lion" seems to indicate Dutch origin to me but I can't find any apothecary or coin weights with these letters, this mark, this shape, or this size.
So I'm stumped.
Ideas? Found one like it?
Thanks,
Daryl
??
About 4 feet from the Rev War beer can.







