• Thread starter Deleted member 103125
  • Start date

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Geez I have been doing this all wrong for 55 yrs it's been detector, boots, gloves, digging device, knife.
Then 15 yrs ago I fell down the rabbit hole of bringing a pin pointer and the phone.
Going more than a 1/4 mile-water/seeds &nut mixture.

Anything more isn't warranted (well I'm old and some tissue never hurt anyone) Damn those white flags out there.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a former AC130 guy, I prefer the 105mm Howitzer and the 40mm Bofors canon, but I am a bit biased. ;)
Love those Spectres. Lots of concentrated firepower there and great pilots and crew! Way to go Brother! USMC 1971-1975. Never used one in combat but worked one out on Vieques. FO,mortars and arty. FAC,Naval gunfire spotter. if it was out there I could control it.:laughing7:

Explorador

Jan 30, 2022
It all depends on how far from your vehicle you will be walking and hiking. If your hitting beaches and parks, go light and keep the bulk in your vehicle. If you are looking for old mines, meteorites and nuggets like I do, I pack like you will be out over- night, because you just might. One of the handiest things I've modified is a full-size shovel with the scoop cut down and reinforced. I drilled out the rivets and inserted bolts, washers and nuts. The shovel goes in my pack and the handle is a walking stick on the way in. I hate bending over to dig with a short shovel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread