What's new

What to do when in laws say no more detecting...Keep on asking!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
1,071
Golden Thread
0
Location
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stopped at the inlaws while in my travels today. (Just to Clarify...im very close to my inlaws and ITS NOT OK TO DETECT WITHOUT PERMISSION...I knew if this was anyway harmful, hurtful or totally wrong i wouldnt have done it....I was right...it was ok with my inlaws as long as it was no trace and leaving it as it was...Which I DID!) Figured it's been a little while since I've hit it and I have about a hour to burn. Very old home build in late 1850s-1860s. In an area about 10 feet in diameter I ended up popping out a 1918 buff, 1920 buff, 1906 Vnicky, and a wheatie. All the coins are pretty much smoked but it was still a good day! Got a real light signal reading 12+ inches. I ended up digging a badge from the Patriotic Order Son of America, Wilkes-Barre, PA and a date on the bottom 1899! This badge is awesome and it cleaned up real nice! On my way home I stopped at the store and saw a wheatie in the give a take a! Well I snatched up that wheatie and it ended up being a 1920-S. So all in all other than working it was a great day. Happy hunting!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445470894.177267.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445470914.727952.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445470937.592463.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445470960.811613.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445470987.896799.webp
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 34
Sweet finds, but the title makes it sound like you did it without permission, in-laws or not.
 
Love the medal.
Great find.
Definitely a conversation piece for any collection. :thumbsup:
 
Holy Cow, that badge is awesome,and it really cleaned up swell.
 
Tell them to let you hunt or you'll return there daughter.
 
:blackbeard: Black Beard strikes again !!!!! :laughing7:
 
Very cool badge, Congrats on the finds
 
Like the finds but love that you got them in the in-laws yard without permission! [emoji106]
 
Find new in laws. :P
 
Send them out of town for a long weekend[emoji106]🏻
 
MAN NEPA WHAT A HECK OF A BADGE FIND . DANG THATS NICE .
 
From the title, I get the in-laws removed permission from their property and you hunted it anyway when they weren't home. Is that correct?
 
I don't even see the coins with that badge staring at me. Nice!!
 
This shows me that you have no respect for your in-laws because you're above the law...
 
From the title, I get the in-laws removed permission from their property and you hunted it anyway when they weren't home. Is that correct?

That is correct....they got some expensive sod put down...i did strike and im undetectable...like some special OPS detecting right there!
 
This shows me that you have no respect for your in-laws because you're above the law...

Well you dont know me and you do know my inlaws....above the law?...im no better than anyone here or anywhere...and it was more of them saying to my wife....we prefer Mark doesnt detect the yard bc of the sod we put down...when i first started detecting about 7 or 8 years ago i dug up theyre yard...although i filled my holes i didnt know how to cut a plug right...i actually planned on going back today as well...I also plan on telling them i dug the yard and 8 years later i have perfected the cutting of the plug and replacing the soil while using a handkerchief.... :)
 
That is correct....they got some expensive sod put down...i did strike and im undetectable...like some special OPS detecting right there!

Ha! Yeah **** their fancy sod! I like that you approved a comment saying you don't respect them either. Ha! Awesome. Funny as it is... Bad! Bad, bad, bad. Ha! Ha! Happy hunting & a lucky divorce!
 
Liking the badge and the patina toning, it's one of those finds that come out of the dirt and a person just smiles.

It takes practise to perfect the digging, good on ya for taking the time and making them perfect as many miss the point of doing a good return.
 
What to do when in laws say no more detecting...do it when they're not home!

Lots of soap boxes piling up in here. You would have thought you said you were digging up graves in a cemetery or snuck into Gettysburg battle site!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom