What's new

what type of a indian artifact is this red flint

kygirl1227

Full Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
148
Reaction score
104
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dry Ridge, Ky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in Arnolds creek in grant county ky....any help of what kind or what it was used for....:icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • IMG954122.webp
    IMG954122.webp
    70 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG954121.webp
    IMG954121.webp
    70.9 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
Hi, It looks like a piece of jasper but I can't see any work on it that would make it an Indian relic. Post in the North American Indian Artifact section for better opinions.
 
There is no flaking or any sign of man's hand.

Moving it to Indian artifact forum...
 
Thank you all for replies....It may not be anything but it's Def not jasper, I can tell the difference...but it's odd for sure, I just found it in this pic so it had a lot of dry mud on it still...
 
Hard to tell the material with shadowed pics, but it kinda looks like Hematite. I agree with the others, probably not an artifact. If found in an area that produces artifacts it maybe left over from a larger piece. It certainly does not look like any of the red Jasper we find around here. Good luck, and welcome to T-net.
 
Hard to tell the material with shadowed pics, but it kinda looks like Hematite. I agree with the others, probably not an artifact. If found in an area that produces artifacts it maybe left over from a larger piece. It certainly does not look like any of the red Jasper we find around here. Good luck, and welcome to T-net.

I agree it does look like hematite
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom