What's new

What Type of Point?

garren

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
519
Reaction score
1,330
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a well known, shark tooth producing creek in Sherman, TX today. I scored the usual teeth but also came up with this point. What type do you think it is? I have a book but I figured you guys could name it faster than I can look it up. :) It's 1-3/8" long and about 1" wide.

Finds 11-26-2018.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a nice stemmed point. Good Find! :icon_thumleft:
 
So all three of you agree these are found in Nice France? :laughing7:

That settles that, it's definitely a nice point
 
If found here in Il that would be a Snyders Hopewell. Not sure what it would be in TX though. Gary
 
Looks to be a Marshall point type. Nice find.
 
Awesome! Thanks guys for the comments and ID.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom