What's new

What type

john brad

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
image-73935380.webp
 
Upvote 0
Paleo for sure..welcome aboard.
 
Last edited:
Providence (where it was found) helps with ID-ing points/artifacts.
 
Providence (where it was found) helps with ID-ing points/artifacts.[/QUOT
It's a very nice point
If it was found in Florida it would likely be called a Simpson.
Looking forward to finding out more information myself.
 
Last edited:
Texas it would be considered a paleo knife. Looks kind of think and definitely has that paleo looking base/bottom.
 
Its a fluted articulate paleo point/blade and ground on the base and a size reference would be nice.
In Texas it would probably be called a Golondrina.
 
Last edited:
I found the arrowhead in north east Arkansas. And it's about four inches long.
 
Well.. It was never the head of an arrow.
Likely a blade or possibly a spear point.
I'm going with Golondrina based on your location.
It's a great find! And well worth more photos.. can we see both sides?
 
I would call it Paleo if I found it and I would call my buddies also ha ha. Great find:notworthy:
 
If you are a new hunter I would suggest Overstreets Price Guide. It breaks it down by states. And has wonderful pictures and descriptions. Its been a wonderful help to me and my family. I stand by my first guess though Paleo Knife of some kind. Its hard to say from pics on any artifact. Its always better if you can hold it in your hand.

Want to mail it to me so I can get a better look at it? Lol just kidding:laughing7:
 
Last edited:
It is a paleo knife in all likelihood.. they still have type names in most cases..Overstreet happens to classify a paleo knife as a thick oblong blade form found in association with paleo points.
The thick appearance on that one is because of what looks like a median ridge most often associated with Archaic knapping techniques.
That's partly why I went with Golondrina.. They were made into the archaic period.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom