What was this doing in my Civil War camp? :)

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for what seems like a rare day of detecting today with Gtoast99 and Bedford Bob (some of you may remember him here from the past) and you can say we found a Union Cavalry camp. :) Between the three of us we dug 100 bullets, 97% of which were Sharps carbine bullets.... I got one fired .58 cal 3 ringer at this site and the .69 cal in a different site, which we visited for the last 90 minutes of the day as we tried to find something other than a bullet. Lol

The surprise of the day was the 1/2 reale from the cavalry camp... it's worn but I'll take it! I always seem to find an Indian or Flying Eagle in these camps (got a Flying Eagle last time we were there) but rarely any silver.

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 1369719View attachment 1369720 ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476411339.355873.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2017.JPG
    IMG_2017.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2018.JPG
    IMG_2018.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Upvote 32
That stupid piece of silver looks way out of place. If you want, send it to me and I can send you some lead sinkers to go with your lead bullets.

Does it have enough information so you might get a date on the critter? Nice score!

Ok, I think I got the pictures of the 1/2 reale in there now... first time to post from the Tnet App on my phone. Lol

And yep... 1774. :)

Sweet! Great finds, and congrats on the half reale surprise! What an awesome pile of lead, too..looks like you guys had a very fun day...ddf

Great job buddy. That must be quite the surprise at those sites. Btw I got your package. Thank you my good friend....and that was fast!!!!

Great finds nice reele love it Thanks for sharing!!!!

Wow. Just wow! Awesome day for sure between the all of you. Congrats on all that history

Congratulations! :notworthy:

Still looking for my first piece of Spanish Silver 40-years on. :skullflag:

Man you are killing it on the Carbine bullets! Love the Spanish silver too, my first one came from a Civil War camp in upstate NY. It was an 1808 1/2 Reale.

Steve

Nice pile of lead. Glad to see you get out and save some history

HH RN

Nice Spanish surprise, congrats!

You just never know! Great finds - Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

Yes, that coin was in the wrong war. Should have been in the Spanish-American war ! Congrats on a great find.

Very well done. A bunch of CW bullets, with a Spanish silver thrown in... nice combo!

Congrats.

Nice haul and save on the CW lead. Also on the Spanish Reale. Yhall' did Good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back