What Will You Do When The THing Season Is Over?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings fellow northerners!

Do you realize that very soon now our THing season will be done for several months? I mean, that old man winter is breathing down our necks as I write.

QUESTION: What will replace metal detecting until spring arrives? Will you dig out all those treasure videos you've seen maybe 100 times already? I've watched every version of the Athoca so many times I think I'm related to the Fisher family!

Be creative--come up with ideas--share your thoughts--we want to know what YOU think!

Please remember this is G rated ;D

Upvote 0
Research, get to know my detectors better. Go crazy and buy another detector. (Looking for an IDX Pro to go with my two Garretts) Read the book gldhntr recommended. Complain about the weather. Make up stories about great finds I had.( :D) Spend lots of time on T"Net.

grizzly

I will be spending my winter at the genealogy building of our local library doing research on new places to hunt. I will hopefully be able to head south for the winter as well to hit up some beaches and test out my luck.

Low and slow research. Just have to wear long johns, good gloves and a face mask, not to mention a good hot cup of coffee when I land.

Attachments

• Low and Slow.jpg
    Low and Slow.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 292
I'll be going thru my summers finds,and buying coins on ebay.....If ..That is....I can stay off my snowmobile long enough, all I have to do is hear one go by the house and it's...Sorry but I gotta go.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 268
I've got a RC plane I need to finish up that I plan on taking some overhead pictures and video from. That should keep me busy until spring

OVER?.....The weather may stop me briefly, but not for long. I'll dig in the cold but probably not in the mud.
Depends what I'm looking for. Or I can allways go to FL. and visit somebody...LOL

THing here in Southeast NM will probably not have an end. Maybe a couple of days of down time if....and it's a big IF...we get a little snow, but mostly the winters down here are really pleasant. Lows may hit in the upper 20's for a day or two, but mostly are in the mid to upper 30's. The days are great except in the summer when we get up to 110 or so, but "it's a dry heat". Yeah, right.....so is an OVEN!! :P

Anyway, today, with the least bit of luck, I'll get an hour or so with my new Ace 250...finally. It arrived about a week ago, but things have just been too busy to get it out. Wish me luck!

HH all.......and to all of ya'll in the "Frozen North", stay warm. Oh, and btw, I tried ice fishing once......caught almost 200 lbs worth, got it home, tried to cook it up and darn near drowned!!! LOLOL

If I can't dirt dig here in the Connecticut, I will water detect all winter long.. So I guess the best of metal detecting is still ahead for me :)

What season? It goes on all year long here, just not on a few inclimate days of the winter. It will be my mainstay from the end of hunting season until next spring. Monty

THing season?!! You mean to tell me they've made it seasonal?!!!!
Y those dirty....... I suppose next they'll put a limit on how many coins per day we can keep!!!!! Y those no good for nothin, do nothin Politici.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very little snow and rain here usually, like today, it was 70+ degrees!! It does get cold sometimes tho, so I'm gonna buy one of those ice axes so I can still dig the signals!! ;)

7 months is way to long to not be detecting,, no point in doin it,,, we have around 4 cold months here in England but hey we even sneek in the days when we can, in between the cold and rainy spells,, hell i couldent just stop for 7 mnths, drive me crazy.

Hey Spotz, it's the only way to fly! Driving around just doesn't do it. From the air you can find stuff that you would never see from the ground if you were only a few yards from it. It is truly amazing. Just within 2 miles of my house are enough sites to keep me busy for years, literally. And that's if I wasn't working! If I can just get to them before the developers do.

Attachments

• Har farm (Small).jpg
    Har farm (Small).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 226
TOWcritter said:
Hey Spotz, it's the only way to fly!? Driving around just doesn't do it.? From the air you can find stuff that you would never see from the ground if you were only a few yards from it.? It is truly amazing.? Just within 2 miles of my house are enough sites to keep me busy for years, literally.? And that's if I wasn't working!? If I can just get to them before the developers do.

You got it man, find the hunting sites from the air.

Years ago I wanted a Bensen Gyro-Copter in the worst way. I had the same idea for that. But, it just never worked out.

Just think if we were rich and could have a big chopper, private pilot, and just fly all over country.

Life should be all one big treasure hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back