I didn't watch it, but I can imagine how it went.
To be fair, it would probably be equally funny to challenge an average adult in the seventies to construct a log cabin, or that same individual today (now an old timer) to reconfigure a cell phone. The human/technology mismatch is always fun, but it has always been there.
My coworkers marvel at my ability to open a can with an actual can opener - not a P-38, but something similar. It's not a skill that I learned as a child in the seventies though. I learned it last year, and only because I liked the idea of having a can opener on my keychain. While I remember how to use a rotary phone, I do not like the idea of having one today. Those things were ridiculous when they were invented and the years have not been kind to them.