What's new

What would you do with this?

Howeburger

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
MN
Hey guys, happy weekend to you. I got two boxes this week and they were both loaded with 2002-2005. All of them are sharp looking. I was wondering the story behind these since they were not released for general distribution? right? What to you guys do with these, especially if you find so many??? I did find 3 40%ers as well. I avg about one per box.
 

Attachments

  • 2002+    mar 08.webp
    2002+ mar 08.webp
    92.4 KB · Views: 638
Upvote 0
Good question, I hang on to the few that I have but I dont have more than a couple rolls worth of NIFC's

if it as all silver the answer would be easy!

trick is, most of the market does not know how uncommon they are, but they are newer and less demand for them as very few collect halves.

Also of people seem to think things are just not worth hanging onto anymore so they dump them as there is not a market for them. Probably why you found so many.

I guess hang onto them until there is some demand for them if you can afford to sit on them, but thats a lot to sit on.
Sell em to friends as an investment? let em go back into the wild?
 
Thanks for the tips. I will ponder this for the weekend.
 
I would hold onto them and call some dealers to see what they would offer. I think the 2004 and 2005 might bring a small premium.
 
I had about $500 worth... got them from a bag. Mostly 04s. I ended up sellign a bunch for like 11 bucks a roll just because I couldnt sit on that many. I sold a couple on ebay but it wasnt worth the trouble. 10 years from now they might be worth something but right now they are a nusance. I still have a couple hundred bucks worth.
 
I agree. I would keep most if not all of them, if you can.



BTW, what is an NIFC???...Thanks in advance.
 
RON (PA) said:
I agree. I would keep most if not all of them, if you can.



BTW, what is an NIFC???...Thanks in advance.

Not Intended For Circulation
 
If you live in the Chicago area I'll trade you used ones for them so you can take the used ones back to the bank and get another box. ::)
 
Hey,

would you be interesting in selling one of each year? How much would it take to ship to South Carolina?

-SFWUSC
 
I have been saving all post 2001 halves for the last 2 years and hove only managed to produce about a roll of each year untill this last month. I have double and tripled up. So I'm not sure whats going on.
Maybe some other collectors are dumping them to free up capitol to buy more boxes?

Or...And I think/theorize this could be a real possibility. The popularity of coin roll hunting has exploded and the gov. released the hoards of uncirculated coins to keep up with the demand from banks generated by CRH's...

Ant thouhgt or insight.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom