What's new

What would you do?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found out one of normal banks was robbed about a week ago. It is not my supply nor dump bank. I have however given them on occassion a total of of 6 boxes over 5 months. I do visit them quite often and they know me by name and always save coins for me.

mentioning it could stir up memories?

anybody ever been there before?
 
Upvote 0
You could go there and ask if everyone is alright. If nobody was physically harmed in any way or held hostage, etc, the workers would probably not mind talking about it. I am sure that they have told family and friends, etc, what happened many times by now.

Jim
 
I've had it happen at one I normally go into. I just went in a few days after and mentioned "I heard about the other day. Is everyone alright? No one got hurt did they" Something to that sort. Everyone was fine thankfully. I had actually went there about an hour after it had happened to dump and the bank was closed.

Is anyone here every worried about getting caught up in a robbery since we are in banks more than the average customer?
 
dandow20 said:
I've had it happen at one I normally go into. I just went in a few days after and mentioned "I heard about the other day. Is everyone alright? No one got hurt did they" Something to that sort. Everyone was fine thankfully. I had actually went there about an hour after it had happened to dump and the bank was closed.

Is anyone here every worried about getting caught up in a robbery since we are in banks more than the average customer?
Oh, man! I can't believe you just asked the question! I was wondering this for a while. Here is a bank being robbed 30 min before I got there. I think one day I may get caught up right the moment.

P3111313.webp
 

Attachments

  • P3111313.webp
    P3111313.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 323
Why not rob banks? The Obama administration is doing it on a daily basis!

Don't get started! I wish I could justify fleecing the American tax payers $80,000 to pay for my transportation for me and the Honey to go to Burger King!
 
Don't worry about talking to them about it. The last time the branch that I go to was robbed, I stopped the next Monday and took them a box of donut holes from Dunkin' Donuts. They couldn't believe that a customer would do that. That Friday, the teller that was robbed even showed me the picture of the guy from their camera. They caught him within hours.

Scott
 
snake35 said:
Why not rob banks? The Obama administration is doing it on a daily basis!

How do like the way they are now "Majority" owners of 2 of the biggest car company's in the "World"

Talk about stealing. Can I here you say Socialism?

Mojo
 
Just this week, after one of my regular banks had been robbed the day before, I called to see how everyone was doing (the news said no shots had been fired and no one was hurt), but wanted to see how everyone was doing. They appreciated my asking.

I than asked about the $200 in rolled halves they had told me about the week before, and I asked if I could stop by to pick them up. They said sure, so I stopped by and bought them. No keepers, but it was good to hear they were OK, and ready to get back to business.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom